The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

I haven't posted anything in a while so here goes. I finally got my audio interface working again so I did a quick video noodling around on Impressions. This is my fender American special telecaster. I think it gets a more than passable jazz tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yes, nice tone and nicely played Alain!

User Info Menu

Great sound, excellent playing. Well done.

User Info Menu

O, yeah, that's good stuff. Really enjoyed it.

User Info Menu

Great sound! Great playing too!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlainJazz
    I haven't posted anything in a while so here goes. I finally got my audio interface working again so I did a quick video noodling around on Impressions. This is my fender American special telecaster. I think it gets a more than passable jazz tone.

I agree about the tone. If I close my eyes and listen , the last guitar I would have guessed would be a Fender. It's ideal for all genres and no worries with regard feedback as a bonus. Nice clear playing, too !

User Info Menu

What kind of amp?

Sounds good.

User Info Menu

yip, really cool tone and playing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mrcee
    What kind of amp?

Sounds good.
    Thanks to all for the nice comments. mcree, it is just the guitar straight into my mac via an Apogee Jam audio interface. The signal is going into Garage band where I am just using one of the default amp sims. I usually use either a Mambo or a Henriksen amp when playing live. I'd say this recording sounds a lot like the Henriksen.

Truth be told, I do find an Archtop to generally have a more complex, and 3 dimensional tone than a Tele. Still a Tele is so versatile and I wouldn't say an archtop is necessarily better. Just different.

User Info Menu

Thanks, great as always Alain!!

User Info Menu

Once again, Alain, you've inspired me. Great stuff!

User Info Menu

Right hand looks effortless, minded me of Adam Rogers right hand.

Nice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 55bar
    Right hand looks effortless, minded me of Adam Rogers right hand.

Nice.

Thanks 55, I think it is kind of like Adam's technique. I started off spending a lot of time holding the pick like Benson, but over time it mutated to the way I hold it now. It feels very comfortable to me.

User Info Menu

Thanks 55, I think it is kind of like Adam's technique. I started off spending a lot of time holding the pick like Benson, but over time it mutated to the way I hold it now. It feels very comfortable to me.

Maybe a tutorial? I like the way it looks, I cannot get my hand to look and sound as smooth as that no matter how much practice.

User Info Menu

Hey 55. Ok I'll give it a try. I'm not sure I can explain it well enough. Stay tuned.

User Info Menu

Here's my attempt at a lesson on this. I hope it is helpful.

User Info Menu

That tone is far more than passable! Dig it.

User Info Menu

Here's my attempt at a lesson on this. I hope it is helpful.

Great stuff, thanks for this, I'm tempted to change the way I use the pick, how do you find it for comping? That's presuming you don't use pick and fingers.

User Info Menu

Hi 55, I find it is great for comping as well because having my pinky resting on the pickguard gives me better control when doing very rhythmic comping. I also like the sound of strummed chords with this technique very much. Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be glad to help.