• Agreed

40 36.36%
  • Disagreed

70 63.64%
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Posts 126 to 150 of 264

User Info Menu

ok one point why would I care if you spring for my defense ? why would I let you hear my music for free?. ok 2 points...I did not think of this but was talking to my old college bandleader and he said "those guys that can not impove to a track never played in a real jazz band and will never make it in the recoding industry" his def. of real jazz band is at least 8 horns a key and drummer...yea when you are doing that one eye is on the music one on the conductor and all solos are improvised because if you get to rehearse it twice you are lucky. and you better stay in the pocket. any one can find clips to back their position ...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuitarPlayer

My only question is...did you and the bass player at the restaurant gig split the $2000 fee like our friend EOE makes at every gig he plays with his drum machine?

....sorry I can't resist...:lol:
    ok that was a out right lie which makes your word worth nothing ignore button for you. in fact I may leave this site because I get the feeling many here never paid there dues.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EOE
    ok one point why would I care if you spring for my defense ? why would I let you hear my music for free?. ok 2 points...I did not think of this but was talking to my old college bandleader and he said "those guys that can not impove to a track never played in a real jazz band and will never make it in the recoding industry" his def. of real jazz band is at least 8 horns a key and drummer...yea when you are doing that one eye is on the music one on the conductor and all solos are improvised because if you get to rehearse it twice you are lucky. and you better stay in the pocket. any one can find clips to back their position ...
    If you go around the site making strong claims or offering your opinion, people want to know that you know what you're talking about. I don't think they want to listen to music for free, more like a youtube clip just jamming over a tune or something casual. If you don't verify your ability to play, people will probably just ignore you.

ok that was a out right lie which makes your word worth nothing ignore button for you. in fact I may leave this site because I get the feeling many here never paid there dues.
    You're right...I've never made a living from music or played a gig, been on the road, had any radio airplay or played on any CD's in my life in the last 37 years. I'm just a simple hack I am sorry if I offended you. Enjoy living the dream....

User Info Menu

no screw them I do not have to play that amateur utube gig.. just need to find the button to leave the forum ...

User Info Menu

Most didn't. This isn't just a website for pros. But the pros we do have here usually entertain discussion, share insight, network, link to websites, upcoming gigs, clips from performances, etc.

You've come here to bash jazz musicians and show your disdain for singers, talk about your superiority, and brag about unrealistic wages and provide nothing to support any of it.

User Info Menu

no screw them I do not have to play that amateur utube gig.. just need to find the button to leave the forum ...
    If you don't want to expose your playing then don't but don't be surprised when people like rich say you can't play because for all they know, you can't play.

Also, I don't think you need to leave the forum because people question you or your ability.

Quote Originally Posted by nick1994
    If you don't want to expose your playing then don't but don't be surprised when people like rich say you can't play because for all they know, you can't play.

Also, I don't think you need to leave the forum because people question you or your ability.
    I agree, no need to pull a drama queen and threaten to leave the forum. I come to this forum to learn from the experiences and education offered by the other musicians here who are willing to selflessly share their time and music with us. I thank them for that. I don't come to this forum to read about someone extolling the virtues of using backing tracks in a performance situation. I don't care how good or "professional" they claim to be.

I have never once said I am a jazz musician or even a jazz guitarist on this site because I am certainly not. In that regard I am a hobbyist. That being said, I play lead guitar, sing and front and book my own band and have done so for many many years. I have also performed as a solo act since I was 15 years old. I think I am more than qualified to have an opinion on the subject of the thread. Again...it's just an opinion.

User Info Menu

not a drama queen .. well I can not find the button to leave the forum so let me take a stab at getting banned....I know now why there are so few pros here. who would put up this bunch of wannabe players to stupid to listen to a musician . to make sure it Is clear mr moderator I am showing as much disrespect for those losers as human beings as possible so I get removed ....do not quit your day jobs.

User Info Menu

nevermind
    Last edited by pamosmusic; 03-08-2015 at 07:45 PM.

User Info Menu

Originally Posted by Richb
    Listen, learn how to play music before you start pontificating. I know your "kind". You can't play.

Yeah, I know his kind very well too. Yet another non-musician trapped in a wannabe's body. Pathetic. """"""""" So rich you bipolar? of your meds? or just to stupid to know you did not long in on your alt...talking to your self and responding to your own post shows every one what a looser troll you are flaming with 2 accounts..so who is your second account anyway.. what a Idiot you are.

User Info Menu

You don't make any sense. I voted 'agreed' simply because I'm thinking about using these samples of comping like Abersold. I know the different between samples of comping, midi and drum machines. I never used tracks to get a gig but I did use midi sequencing and drum machines to keep a gig ages ago.
    I'm not looking forward to it but I'm going to give Abersold tracks a try. For pop or R&B, no way. I'll use midi.
    I've been around long enough to know this- never underestimate America's voracious appetite for cheesy entertainment.

User Info Menu

not a drama queen .. well I can not find the button to leave the forum so let me take a stab at getting banned....I know now why there are so few pros here. who would put up this bunch of wannabe players to stupid to listen to a musician . to make sure it Is clear mr moderator I am showing as much disrespect for those losers as human beings as possible so I get removed ....do not quit your day jobs.
    I don't know why you're getting all upset about being asked to show your playing. there's no evidence that you're a musician nor that you know what you're talking about. Would you believe me if I said I was an astronaut and had no way of proving it?

User Info Menu

it makes since to the person I was talking to ...wasn't directed to you.

Quote Originally Posted by nick1994
    I don't know why you're getting all upset about being asked to show your playing. there's no evidence that you're a musician nor that you know what you're talking about. Would you believe me if I said I was an astronaut and had no way of proving it?
    LOL!!! This is the best comment of the whole thread!!!

You win the internet!!!

User Info Menu

if someone would have asked I may have shown them privately if they promised not to spread it on the net....making a living is to hard to just put yourself out there till you can capitalize on it. but they did not ask. they were rude and insulting how can I trust people like that? and rich is a pyscostalker talking to himself ... you think I am going to put any link to my life with a freek like that trolling with 2 accounts

User Info Menu

then you have oldgutiar who is a liar how can he be trusted?

I am afraid you'll have to try harder than that to get banned.

Oh...and I don't have a "dayjob"...

User Info Menu

There are 30 people in this sub-forum right now. Must be a mistake.

User Info Menu

I'm not a jazz pro but there are plenty here. What's yer problem, really? The strongest demographic on this site is probably 50-somethings who aren't active musically such as me.
    I voted 'agreed' but get off my side.

then you have oldgutiar who is a liar how can he be trusted?
    dude calm down...if you're ever gonna make it in the music biz you gotta grow a thick skin and be able to take a little criticism. It's ok...we all know you're afraid to show us your music because you can't handle criticism but don't come on here with an attitude of disdain for other musicians or singers because they don't agree with your way of doing things. It is no wonder you play with backing tracks. You will go far in this business... best of luck to you.

User Info Menu

I have already made it ...and I only handle insults to a point then it is time for the bouncer.

User Info Menu

once again it is not about disagreeing I bet you could not be truthful if your life depended on it. it is about rude, insulting and out right liars. if you are gong to quote me have the moral fortitude to do It truthfully

User Info Menu

steven you was discussing like a adult ...ok nothing with you... or that comedian cosmic gumbo who I think is very funny.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro
    Hi Guys,

Okay let's just vote, you don't need to leave a comment.

Sandro
    Poor Sandro... well at least I didn't leave a comment. Oh wait... ooops!