The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 67

User Info Menu

Tone Block 202 Quilter Labs

Quite different from the 201. It has the familiar Treble/Mid/Bass EQ and a builtin reverb.

Quilter Tone Block 202-quilter-tone-block-202-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

What took them so long to combine the two features missing from previous "200" takes: understandable EQ and on-board reverb? Both exist in the 101R. The price of my unsold ProBlock just plummeted. Awaiting jzucker's doom.

User Info Menu

Doom -- Demo?

User Info Menu

The 202 block sounds good, but the dude playing the CS Telecaster is awesome. He has the R&B thing completely covered.

User Info Menu

This is the Quilter I have been waiting for. Unfortunately I already have 2 Aviators.

User Info Menu

Great! I really really like my 101R, if I ever need more power I know what I'm getting.

User Info Menu

Sign me up!

User Info Menu

Okay. Here's a demo of the Micro Block 202 I wanted to see.

Tim is running the 202 into the Block Dock 10, which is what I would use. (If you choose the Dock 12 you are in the weight class of a Polytone.)

User Info Menu

That was awesome, thanks, Tim!

User Info Menu

I have a 101 Reverb that I run into a Raezer's Edge Twin 8 Tower. It would be great to have something more portable. Does the Block Dock 10 sound boxy at all? I can never tell from videos.

Has anyone A/Bd the 101 and the 202?

User Info Menu

I really liked the Tele L-O-T!

Does anyone know if its form fit compatible withe the other block series that will fit a rack adapter?
    Last edited by GNAPPI; 06-24-2019 at 02:26 PM.

User Info Menu

According to several videos it will fit, there is one showing it being mounted in a block cabinet.

User Info Menu

The 202 will mount into the Block Dock 12, but not into the Block Dock 10. The 10 was designed with the 100-series heads in mind. However, as Tim Lerch's video suggests the 202 sounds terrific when plugged into the Block Dock 10. That's what I'd use it with, myself. (You would just have to watch the master control--the 10 is rated at 100 watts; the 12 is rated at 200 watts.)

User Info Menu

Anyone see the 202 review in the new Guitar Player? Pretty good review.

If you have a small cabinet, or want to buy a Quilter Dock Block, it looks like a deal.

It would work great into a DAW, PA, etc., too.

User Info Menu

Checked the manual on the 10 inch cab and you can use the 202 with it...
    Quilter Tone Block 202-7681a2b5-1b60-4595-960d-cd2955a0a427-jpg

User Info Menu

I'm very keen to get one of these.

From what I've heard the 101 reverb was a fairly bright amp of the blackface Fender vein

Does anyone know if the 202 is voiced as bright?

Curious to know as I'd be pairing it with a JBL-D130 which has an aluminium dust cap, a fairly hifi speaker. Worried it might be too bright sounding for a good jazz tone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    The 202 will mount into the Block Dock 12, but not into the Block Dock 10. The 10 was designed with the 100-series heads in mind. However, as Tim Lerch's video suggests the 202 sounds terrific when plugged into the Block Dock 10. That's what I'd use it with, myself. (You would just have to watch the master control--the 10 is rated at 100 watts; the 12 is rated at 200 watts.)
    The 202 will mount in the BlockDock 10 but if you dime everything you could blow the speaker. The speaker in the BlockDock 10 is rated for 100 watts. If you're playing with the amp clean you probably won't run into any trouble. Just listen for signs of bottoming out on settings higher than 100 watts. Hope that helps!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by entresz
    I'm very keen to get one of these.

From what I've heard the 101 reverb was a fairly bright amp of the blackface Fender vein

Does anyone know if the 202 is voiced as bright?

Curious to know as I'd be pairing it with a JBL-D130 which has an aluminium dust cap, a fairly hifi speaker. Worried it might be too bright sounding for a good jazz tone.
    The 101 Reverb has passive Bass and Treble controls that only go up, like a Fender. The 202 Vintage mode is voiced similar has all active controls so you can cut Bass on Treble too. It's got a lot more range. Hope that helps!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by petermelton
    The 101 Reverb has passive Bass and Treble controls that only go up, like a Fender. The 202 Vintage mode is voiced similar has all active controls so you can cut Bass on Treble too. It's got a lot more range.
    Peter: if you don't mind my asking, how does the Overdrive 200 tone stack compare to the 202? Is it more similar to the 101 or the 202?

And to put a finer point on it, how does the OD200 tone compare to the Full Q setting on the 202 that Tim's using?

I've been a happy Quilter convert for a year or so with an Aviator 8 and Mach2 HD extension, but these BlockDock thingies are getting very interesting. You guys are making too many choices! (not really...)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by petermelton
    The 101 Reverb has passive Bass and Treble controls that only go up, like a Fender. The 202 Vintage mode is voiced similar has all active controls so you can cut Bass on Treble too. It's got a lot more range. Hope that helps!
    Thank you Peter
    That sounds perfect!
    I already own a Quilter Aviator Twin Ten and really like it.
    I intend to purchase a 202 in the upcoming months - will complement the Twin Ten nicely.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft
    Peter: if you don't mind my asking, how does the Overdrive 200 tone stack compare to the 202? Is it more similar to the 101 or the 202?

And to put a finer point on it, how does the OD200 tone compare to the Full Q setting on the 202 that Tim's using?

I've been a happy Quilter convert for a year or so with an Aviator 8 and Mach2 HD extension, but these BlockDock thingies are getting very interesting. You guys are making too many choices! (not really...)
    The clean channel on the Overdrive 200 is the same as the 101 Reverb and is actually very similar to the Vintage mode on the Tone Block 202 except that you have more range with the Tone Block 202's active controls. Full Q is a fatter sounding than Vintage and the EQ points are in different places.

User Info Menu

Thanks for that Peter. Sounds like FullQ on 202 is where it's at for me. Just got a Quilter dealer in my little town. I'll have to ask about getting one in to try.

It's time for me to come clean about my love of the Aviator 8. It didn't fully blossom until I got the Empress ParaEQ. Tamping down 2K and a little boost around 300 is what that's about for me. And I'm still not fully stoked unless the 12" cab is under it. I'd be very tempted to spend some dough if a simpler rig got me to the promised land.

User Info Menu

I've tried Quilter two different times and returned both but this does sound interesting and could be worth a try but not sure it's any better than my Evans RE200. Have to think on it for a while.

User Info Menu

I can only speak as a Quilter Aviator user for the past 3 years. If you are looking for a Fender Blackface type Clean tone along with light weight, takes pedals well, 100 watts, as well as sound great for almost any other guitar (flatop,archtop,synth,etc.)
    Quilter is an excellent choice.

I'm sure Evans makes a great amp as well,and very good alternative.

User Info Menu

Sorry if this is a silly question, but does any know what the differences would be between putting a modeller into the FRFR input on the 202 and putting it into the Effects return on a Micropro Mach 2?