The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 36

User Info Menu

So finally after having Daniel Slaman building me a replica and me returning it, I found the ES 175 I’ve been looking for. It’s in great shape, original case too. Just thought I’d post a quick pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Fantastic guitar. So what was wrong with the Slaman?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 55bar
    So finally after having Daniel Slaman building me a replica and me returning it, I found the ES 175 I’ve been looking for ...
    The 175 is beautiful, and with the single P-90 it's probably my dream guitar. But, you're the first person I've heard of that's returned a Slaman. Wow.

User Info Menu

I can hear Jim Hall from the pic. Gibson needs to borrow yours and start making replicas.
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by M-ster
    The 175 is beautiful, and with the single P-90 it's probably my dream guitar. But, you're the first person I've heard of that's returned a Slaman. Wow.
    The Slaman, was a long story, a couple of friends on here know about it. All I can say is I have the utmost respect for Daniel, he makes some AMAZING instruments. For me it wasn’t quite right.

I’ll post some more pics tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by takauya
    I can hear Jim Hall from the pic. Gibson needs to borrow yours and start making replicas.
    Congrats!
    It’s amazingly clean, and sounds and feels, just like I was hoping.

User Info Menu

The 1953 ES 175 is such an excellent guitar that I have two of them. One with flats and one with rounds. You may think “what a waste” but these guitars such different personalities depending on setup. Congratulations and wonderful photograph.

User Info Menu

I have a blonde double P90 ‘57 I truly love. The kid I bought it from changed his mind, he’d had it for 25 years. Eventually we finished the deal.

Congrats

User Info Menu

That is beautiful. I’d love to get an old 175 some day - you’re lucky! Enjoy and I wish you the best playing that guitar for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

Schwing!

User Info Menu

Wonderful. And with a single P90, it's even better.

A winner for sure.

Cheers.

User Info Menu

> Just thought I’d post a quick pic.

Oh no you dont

we need WAAAY more pics !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fws6
    > Just thought I’d post a quick pic.

Oh no you dont

we need WAAAY more pics !
    And WAAAY more audio, especially.

User Info Menu

when i finally splurge on an expensive guitar, that will be the one!! congratulations

User Info Menu

That is iconic. BUT, should you move the bridge over just a smidge toward the bass side? Or do you like the high e so close to the edge?

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    That is iconic. BUT, should you move the bridge over just a smidge toward the bass side? Or do you like the high e so close to the edge?
    Hey, thanks for the observation

That was a pic when I got it home, yesterday, I’ll likely tweak it a bit, but tbh I didn’t really notice.

User Info Menu

My goodness, that looks clean.

Essentially the perfect guitar, IMHO. Someday I'll spring for something like it...

Enjoy it in health!

Really nice! Congrats, HNGD and play her in good health!

User Info Menu

Congratulations! That is a real beauty! Got to love those '50's ES175's. They're the real deal! Here's my '55.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1953 Gibson ES-175-55-175-gif-jpg 

User Info Menu

55Bar - We need way more pics. We discriminating viewers want to see a lot of body shots, neck, nut, and bridge. We want to see your guitar in the raw warts and all. Neck wear patterns help us make up stories in our heads, and some of us get the fever and go on an online expedition to find one like yours, searching rabbit holes, the GAS consuming the frontal lobes of our brains. I will be okay, as I have a '56 similar to your '53. Enjoy it! These early P-90 ES-175's are real keepers. Ted

First 3 frets
    1953 Gibson ES-175-closeupfretweares1751956-jpg
    OP wore a slide on his pinky
    1953 Gibson ES-175-right-side-neck-binding-3rd-fret-wedding-ring-damage-jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images 1953 Gibson ES-175-1st-position-wear-back-jpeg 

Quote Originally Posted by 55bar
    Wow they are great pictures, here are a few more of mine enjoy. Been playing it for a few days now and I really love it I’ll post a video soon.

Still haven’t changed the strings looks like whoever put them on was in a rush look closely at the B and E 1953 Gibson ES-175 any recommendations for gauge? I was thinking of 12s maybe a set of thomastik? I’m open to suggestions 1953 Gibson ES-175

User Info Menu

See what you made me do, it’s all your fault, a ‘53 also

1953 Gibson ES-175-8685c8fd-5f74-4bc6-8b0a-dd893273b688-jpg1953 Gibson ES-175-e7632c24-8d2f-4d34-9dcd-5d6c46634f48-jpg1953 Gibson ES-175-dc18b0f2-c686-4e6a-9c7a-faede42a1872-jpg

User Info Menu

Great I’ll buy that off you in 18 months when you’ve decided you want something else ;-)

Seriously, looks amazing. Let’s get together and have a 175 off soon.

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    Great I’ll buy that off you in 18 months when you’ve decided you want something else ;-)

Seriously, looks amazing. Let’s get together and have a 175 off soon.
    Hahah, so true yes drop me a text!

Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeinNJ
    See what you made me do, it’s all your fault, a ‘53 also

1953 Gibson ES-175-8685c8fd-5f74-4bc6-8b0a-dd893273b688-jpg1953 Gibson ES-175-e7632c24-8d2f-4d34-9dcd-5d6c46634f48-jpg1953 Gibson ES-175-dc18b0f2-c686-4e6a-9c7a-faede42a1872-jpg
    Ah mike! That is a stunner! Wow, now I want a blonde one!