Yep. That's at Mark's (MG) house IIRC.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

to the new Heritage owners - Hand carved can't be beat! Duh

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    to the new Heritage owners - Hand carved can't be beat! Duh
    Partially hand-carved can't be beat:
    Attached Images Attached Images The Heritage Guitar Company-heritage-carver-1-jpg 

User Info Menu

Hear, Hear, for Ye Olde School Heritage Hand Carved Hollowbody Archtops!!

User Info Menu

The original Heritage is dead. This new company is Heritage in name only. This was the Heritage that I knew. I don't know who this new company is.

Last edited by 2bornot2bop; 03-05-2018 at 08:52 PM.

User Info Menu

The Heritage Guitar Company-s-l1600-jpg

User Info Menu

The Heritage Guitar Company-40566410111_f219537aa4_b-jpg

OMG. Just OMG.

User Info Menu

Couldn't resist..

The Heritage Guitar Company-image1-jpg
    The Heritage Guitar Company-img_4044-jpg
    The Heritage Guitar Company-img_4031-jpg

User Info Menu

Heritage guitars have been with me in one way or another for the past 15 years, and I would be sad to see them fold under their current circumstances. Although their loss would be a tremendous blow to the jazz guitar world, I don't necessarily think it would be as impactful as it would have been had it happened 15 years ago. With the surge in boutique luthiers and well crafted handbuilt Asian guitars, it seems that the market is fairly solid.

User Info Menu

I would love to participate in this Heritage archtop love fest . . . unfortunately my archtops are Gibson and Eastman BUT I have been playing a 535 since '93 that I would never part with - this is it's twin
    The Heritage Guitar Company-img_0483-jpg
    Not an archtop but still a great looking and playing guitar.
    The only change I have made is the bridge, swapped out the roller for a nashville, improved the intonation.

User Info Menu

ESCC~ The mighty H535 is the iconic Heritage model! Very nice.

User Info Menu

Maybe a bit too much.

The Heritage Guitar Company-gallery_2472_317_286151_zps7b955761-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Right? I don't know...it just works for me on this design...

I guess that's why I never say never, or something.
    It was one of the most beautiful Heritage guitars I've owned. Photos didn't do it justice.

AND I agree with Thumpalumpacus, better to celebrate the Heritage that was, than to mourn in bitterness about their loss. Everything in life has an expiration date...such is life. Heritage was a great thing for many, and for many many years. Hats off to the builders of so many iconic archtops!

User Info Menu

a Sweet 16 now in good hands. BM!

User Info Menu

back when I got a real Jones for 18" Super Eagles. The far left was a Super Kenny Burrell in OSB - old sunburst. Floyd really outdid himself with that finish

User Info Menu

a Heritage Johnny Smith on fire

a Heritage 1 off w/ P90's...

A rare 3 1/3" depth SE now residing in Europe. Superb archtops all around. Heritage, thank you for the ride!

User Info Menu

My favorite ever Heritage finish - OSB

and last, but not least, the Golden Eagle ASB I found in an on line music store. Sold for $1700. Clean livin?

User Info Menu

A recent score - 1996 Heritage Golden Eagle Antique Blonde in mint condition. This guitar has a huge voice like a post war Gibson L5. The best one I’ve ever played . Just a real lucky find - and a keeper.

User Info Menu

beautiful Qman! Looks identical to the '96 GE I acquired from the HOC forum 6 years ago. Congratulations!

User Info Menu

Thanks 2b, ive had a bunch of these cross my path, but none
    as good as this one. The arch is perfect, no collapse on top
    and its a very responsive guitar, not tight or bright. Im really enjoying this one.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Mine...
    The Heritage Guitar Company-18889313_435613030130880_1844989213011869696_n-jpg

User Info Menu

When Heritage are good, they are GOOD! And the Gibson vibe is strong with them, for better or worse.. sorry for the crap cellphone pic

The Heritage Guitar Company-golden-eagle-jpg

User Info Menu

Just noticed i never replied to this thread!! This one belongs to a student (and friend) of mine actually, but he did buy it from the US a few years back so it may be the same one! It 's a really great one, looker and player. And the dimensions are super, both for comfort and live playing. If i wasn't left handed this guitar would almost certainly be mine by now

The Heritage Guitar Company-img_20180601_152647_hht-jpgThe Heritage Guitar Company-img_20180601_152704_hht-jpgThe Heritage Guitar Company-img_20180601_152658_hht-jpgThe Heritage Guitar Company-img_20180601_152652_hht-jpgThe Heritage Guitar Company-img_20180601_152726_hht-jpg

User Info Menu

I went to the Heritage website and was surprised at the rather limited selection and high prices. I thought they were supposed to be a more reasonable alternative to Gibson? $2500 for a Les Paul? $3000 for a 335 style? That seems high to me in today's market. Yes, I realize it's made in America by humans.

But even then there's a question about the commitment to quality production, after their purchase by a large financial firm:

Changes at Heritage Guitar roil staff luthiers - Bluegrass Today

I don't want to start a debate about anything; I'm not a Heritage basher. In fact, I would certainly like to buy one if the chance arose, though looking at new prices I think I would have to settle for used.

I'm just wondering what all you veteran Heritage watchers have to say about the state of the company, their quality, their products and their prices?

User Info Menu

Seems like "modern times" have caught up with Heritage. Bean counters and bottomline mentality.

I fell in love with the Heritage story many years ago. I bought guitars new from Jay Wolf in Jupiter Florida. H-575, H-535, H-137, H-555 and other used. Interesting enough I have seen that Jay has some of his Heritage collection guitars up for sale.