The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 33

User Info Menu

Finally got my dream guitar...2012 L-5 Wes Montgomery. Now to pay for it, selling a TON of stuff...including my 175. I am definitely Happy, though! ???? 4 gigs in the next 5 days!

2012 Gibson L-5 Wes Montgomery-img_0416-jpg

2012 Gibson L-5 Wes Montgomery-img_0423-jpg
    2012 Gibson L-5 Wes Montgomery-img_0424-jpg
    2012 Gibson L-5 Wes Montgomery-img_0417-jpg
    2012 Gibson L-5 Wes Montgomery-img_0419-jpg
    Last edited by jazzjames; 02-12-2018 at 02:35 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

No photos, it never happened!

User Info Menu

Ok..
    i finally sold my old beetle..
    2012 Gibson L-5 Wes Montgomery-7a363d12-bb19-4476-93f0-8f02876fab8a-jpeg
    and bought a Bugatti Chiron
    2012 Gibson L-5 Wes Montgomery-51c2b816-161f-4a8a-acb9-c1b2196551d5-jpg
    I kinda like the VW better. It got better gas mileage and it just fit me better.

Btw, congrats on your L5. No matter what, the L5 is the king.
    JD

User Info Menu

2012 Gibson L-5 Wes Montgomery-img_9259-jpg

Sorry...had to. Internet rules and all. XP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Ok..
    I kinda like the VW better. It got better gas mileage and it just fit me better.
    As far as Bugatti goes, I'd go for vintage instead:

2012 Gibson L-5 Wes Montgomery-20160317-_dsc6074-jpg
    Bugatti Royale

or

2012 Gibson L-5 Wes Montgomery-20160317-_dsc5898-jpg
    Bugatti Atlantic

User Info Menu

Someday, my L-5 WesMo will come... you are a fortunate individual! Please share pics and or clips!

Roli

User Info Menu

The L5 Wes and the Tal Farlow are my favorite guitars. A big Congrats. 1 pickup is all you will ever need. Wes knew that.

User Info Menu

JD , You might prefer the Bugatti Veyron
    ( Volkswagen ) a tad more expensive.
    I would send a pic of mine but it’s in for
    a frost pink wrap.
    Last edited by silverfoxx; 02-12-2018 at 01:13 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Ok..

Btw, congrats on your L5. No matter what, the L5 is the king.
    JD

just an upgrade from one Volkswagen to another Volkswagen

User Info Menu

This is a dream nobody got an L5. We must see to believe. The road cyclist in me says.........oh you did a solo century in 5 hours.......show us the Strava GPS.

Pics, pics, pics, how about a clip of the sound.

User Info Menu

Let's see your saddle sores and your mashed up gonads. Yeah, let's hear your high-pitched voice.

The Strava GPS is for sissies. Six underhand ways cyclists make their Strava rides look better - Cycling Weekly

User Info Menu

Jab, I can solo on a bike much better than a guitar...........and I am old guy.

Now what we need is to solo on a Wes L5. May the OP can loan us his for a week or two to keep it singing.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Sorry guys. I posted late and had issues getting the photos up. I figured I would handle it first thing in the AM. I forgot! Anyway, I retrieved the photos from Icloud and they are up!

User Info Menu

JazzJames - it’s a beauty. Can’t get much better than this guitar for that Gibson jazz tone . Congrats.

User Info Menu

Congrats jazzjames! May she inspire your playing for years to come.

User Info Menu

Wow, the photos were worth waiting for. Stunning. Very happy for you.

User Info Menu

That’s a great looking L5. That sunburst on a Wes is just classic. Even if you have to scramble to sell stuff now, it’s worth it because that guitar will be with you for the rest of your life and after an L5 any other guitars are just for fun. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

That's a beauty, jazzjames! Big Congrats! It looks brand new. Only the medallion is patinaed. I know the feeling of opening the case and seeing that beauty in quiet repose in there. And then lifting it up and out of the case. And tuning up and plugging it in and hearing it for the first time.

OK, I'm gonna lay off the balls-busting cycling jokes now. Still wanna hear deacon mark speak after a 5-hour ride...

User Info Menu

That is a gorgeous guitar. I’m going to need a cold shower...

User Info Menu

Gorgeous specimen indeed. Something about a L5 makes everything else feel inadequate which of course is not true except when you are actually playing the L5. L5’s and Super 400’s.....top of the food chain baby. Yah

Even a person that doesn’t know squat about guitars stops and takes notice when you pull a L5 out of a case.
    It will stop anyone in there tracks to marvel at. Like a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    The L5 Wes and the Tal Farlow are my favorite guitars. A big Congrats. 1 pickup is all you will ever need. Wes knew that.
    One pickup is all I've needed since 1988! I'm so fortunate to finally have the opportunity after 30 years of wanting one!

User Info Menu

Gorgeous specimen indeed. Something about a L5 makes everything else feel inadequate which of course is not true except when you are actually playing the L5. L5’s and Super 400’s.....top of the food chain baby. Yah

Even a person that doesn’t know squat about guitars stops and takes notice when you pull a L5 out of a case.
    It will stop anyone in there tracks to marvel at. Like a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice.
    Thanks so much! I am gigging with it for the next 3 days and I'm still afraid to touch it! LOL! It really responds how I have wanted a guitar to respond and after 30 years I finally got one!

User Info Menu

?Oh yeah Baby !!!

User Info Menu

You are killing me bro..