The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Posts 76 to 100 of 113
    I agree with Drifter. The Memphis shop has had very serious QC issues for years but this is the first bad neck I have got from Nashville. In fact recently I was praising that the Crimson shop is currently at the top of their game. I will say this is the 1st bad one from Crimson. Even if the neck was straight, it leaving the factory with 3 dents in the neck is unacceptable for a guitar of that price.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx
    2b,
    Done with military precision , exactly what one expects from you.
    I would be happy to receive a guitar as well packed as this.
    Ironically I use a local man , Mr Hu ,( Chinese), as fastidious as
    yourself, when sending an amp or guitar. He explained to me in
    great detail how he despatched a 55k vase taking into account
    pressure changes when sending by air freight. One of my good
    friends on the forum received am Evans preamp from me and
    was incredulous at the packing, & an amp combo which took him
    30 minutes to unpack. Well worth the effort ,and not hugely
    expensive.
    Well, not exactly...and if I had a 'Mr Hu' locally to rely upon you can believe me I'd rather pay someone else to package archtops...I invest hours and hours into each packing job, and I'm never completely satisfied. If paying someone to properly package a guitar were an option I'd do it without a moments hesitation. And to be truthful, it's packaging, or rather the stress of it, and the shipping risk inherent in every shipment, which convinced me to get out of the "sampling" game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    YOU DA MAN, 2BOP! You da man!!

Now, why can't anybody pack a guitar like you do? Make a Youtube video, dude, and post it.

If you don't mind, I am going to borrow your photos and show it to anyone who sells me a guitar. I want it packed like THAT!
    Feel free bro...it's the intranets...if it's posted, it's fair game!

After seeing your post I thought it quite funny actually, as I've gone through tons of packaging material previously received with audio shipments, to ship guitars. Recycling is a good thing?

Well TMZ felt really bad and boy did they make up for it. Wait to you see what I am getting at a incredible price.
    Even my wife who was furious at me for buying the TF said it is about time you bought a beautiful guitar.
    They just got it in. If it plays like it looks.....OMG !

User Info Menu

Could it possibly be the LeGrand ??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    I too have never had a bad made in Japan guitar. Can it really be that hard to make a straight neck ? Japan seems to have no problem doing it. Never bought a Guild with a bad neck either. Of course I have only had a few of those.
    I mean really all you have to do is look down the neck to see if is straight. No tools needed. Just a eyeball. If you wan't to be more technical then a straightedge.
    Funny the guy that signed my great L5's signed this one.
    Maybe it's a cultural Japanese honor thing? The Ibanez I can't put down is an absolutely beautiful piece and every one I've played in stores are awesome.

Kinda funny how there is now a Gibson QC thread after a giant thread on how great Gibson is.

User Info Menu

Well TMZ felt really bad and boy did they make up for it. Wait to you see what I am getting at a incredible price.
    Even my wife who was furious at me for buying the TF said it is about time you bought a beautiful guitar.
    As I said earlier, there is no way this ends without you coming out on top. Now spill the beans man!!

User Info Menu

Can't wait, Vinny. I bet it is going to be knock-it-out-of-the-park nice. About the only one missing from your collection is a LeGrand...

I don't want to jinx the NY to CA ship. Hopefully a NGD next week. It's my missing Gibson Archtop puzzle piece.
    Garrett is my man Steve. What a great guy. Next time you see him shake his hand for me please buddy.

User Info Menu

I don't want to jinx the NY to CA ship. Hopefully a NGD next week. It's my missing Gibson Archtop puzzle piece.
    Garrett is my man Steve. What a great guy. Next time you see him shake his hand for me please buddy.
    Vinny,
    Garrett is a great guy and TMZ is certainly a reputable organization that frequents these forums to monitor customer feedback . I know the TF experience was disappointing- and the Gibson name took some heat. But I believe that something good develops from something bad - and it sounds like something great is about to happen . If I had to guess - it's that awesome 2013 LeGrand sunburst - and if it's anything like mine - your long term dedication to Gibson will be instantly validated - and the TF experience will be quickly forgotten .

I'll be seeing Garret this week and will shake his hand for doing the right thing for a valued customer - along with making a statement to all forum members that you can buy with confidence from TMZ - because they really do care about the customer experience. My wife even likes that place !

Good luck Vinny - you handled this situation admirably and will be rewarded accordingly.

User Info Menu

Thats a good point. Just whisper it, I won't tell anyone.

User Info Menu

In defense of Gibson, Nobody's perfect. We have all screwed up. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

OK Vinny, You have our attention. We await your NGD on pins and needles.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Stringswinger;658262]In defense of Gibson, Nobody's perfect. We have all screwed up. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

This is a sendup surely?
    when one in four Gibsons purchased prove to be
    less than adequate , At a cost of approx £14,000
    it becomes difficult to turn the other cheek. This
    is not an isolated incident as other forum members
    attest.I suggest that Gibson's Custom Shop and
    it's laughably titled QC needs a kick in the nether
    regions, metaphorically speaking.Their CEO needs
    to descend from his Ivory Tower and deal with it.
    i think we've exhausted this topic now , I'm out.
    Just looking forward to sharing Vinny's excitement
    on his eagerly awaited NGD.

Cheers
    Alan

User Info Menu

Everyone is delighted for you Vinny, and can't wait to see & hear
    of your latest acquisition. Good on TMZ , they seem a very good
    dealership. We are less fortunate here, some dealers have all the
    charm of Jack Nicholson in the Shining. LOL
    It feels like the Dentist's chair, anticipating your proclamation that
    the Eagle has landed.

Alan

User Info Menu

PLEASE STOP THAT!!! The next thing that will happen is you will get buyers WISHING that they get a Gibson horror story :-)

User Info Menu

Good luck Vinny. I kept thinking there was a part of that story you ought to have been told that you probably weren't. I think Gibson pretty much knew something was wrong with it. I think there were some internal discussions that maybe Gibson didn't want it in ' circulation ' at all, hence the week delay in shipping. So they dropped the price by a lot, and it still wasn't acceptable. Maybe it would've been acceptable if the neck issue weren't a ' surprise '.

I bought a used L-7 from TMZ, a little over a year ago. Yes it was checked out etc etc. When I got it, there was a 1/4 in. separation of the back from the rim - -easily a foot long. I put a pick and ruler in the opening and e/m'ed the photo to them.
    Yes they took it back and yes they paid the shipping. And I got an e/m that they were sorry ' it arrived in that condition '. Well I was sorry too, and my first reaction was it arrived in that condition because it was shipped in that condition.
    If these guys would put as much emphasis on their inspections and they do on their return policy, maybe they wouldn't have so many returns.

Anyway good luck Vinny, and hope the next one's a keeper !

Dennis
    Last edited by Dennis D; 06-05-2016 at 09:42 AM.

User Info Menu

So how many of you guys went on the TMZ site to see what has a sold song on it that didn't have yesterday?
    I'll admit, that's the 1st thing I did.

Buying sight unseen and unplayed will always be high risk. I will always love Gibson's no matter what. They just fit me in every aspect. Their QC has always been spotty. That is just the way it is. Sometimes it take a few lumps of coal to get to the diamond. For me the Gibson's I own right now are probably some of the best on the planet. Yes getting there wasn't easy. Was it worth it.....YES !

As far as TMZ...IMO they are the best. They treat me like a very valued customer. Online guitar buying will always have risk factors including UPS STRESS.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe DeNisco
    So how many of you guys went on the TMZ site to see what has a sold song on it that didn't have yesterday?
    I'll admit, that's the 1st thing I did.
    OK I will tell. It is not on the site. It just came in. A cherry red L5 with monster flame.

Attachment 32010
    Big Joe is buying Marilyn next year and I have always been a sucker for red lipstick and fingernails.
    My wife caught me with a red dress.

User Info Menu

... Online guitar buying will always have risk factors including UPS STRESS.
    When everybody packs like 2bop does there will be no stress. I don't understand sellers who can't be arsed at the packing stage. Most fellas don't care once they get paid. Strange. You'd think that getting the gear to their buyer safely is the top concern. Oh, insurance covers it...NOT in many claims.

Attachment 32010
    Big Joe is buying Marilyn....
    Great that it is staying within the family because I know now whom to approach. Big Joe, I call dibs on it when you wish to let Marilyn go. For real, brother. I am working my way towards that single pup S400CESN, Bette Midler;...It needs its sister, Marilyn.

User Info Menu

Jabbs,
    I was convinced that Vinny was buying the Single Pickup Super400.
    I certainly understand why he didn't. The Red Flamed out L5 that he bought makes my heart beat fast too..

I love taking Vinny's sloppy seconds. She might undergo a name change when I take ownership. Even though the name Marilyn is very appropriate, she's not my cup of tea. Any ideas on a new name?

Marilyn is unique as far as L5's go because it has a thin top. I prefer thinner tops and Vinny prefers thicker tops. The thinner top suits my style a little better.

I name all of Vinnys Guitars.. Vin, you want to tell everybody the name of your Vintage Sunburst Byrdland?

JD

User Info Menu

By the way.. Vinny's new L5.

Gibson QC strikes again-ritahayworth5919-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe DeNisco
    Jabbs,
    I was convinced that Vinny was buying the Single Pickup Super400.
    I certainly understand why he didn't. The Red Flamed out L5 that he bought makes my heart beat fast too..

I love taking Vinny's sloppy seconds. She might undergo a name change when I take ownership. Even though the name Marilyn is very appropriate, she's not my cup of tea. Any ideas on a new name?

Marilyn is unique as far as L5's go because it has a thin top. I prefer thinner tops and Vinny prefers thicker tops. The thinner top suits my style a little better.

I name all of Vinnys Guitars.. Vin, you want to tell everybody the name of your Vintage Sunburst Byrdland?

JD
    Big Joe (?),

I propose Virna (Lisi) :-)

Superb looking guitar.

Rita arrives tomorrow. :-) Hey Joe Gwen Stefani is a skinny blonde. I love her red lips.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by medblues
    Big Joe (?),

I propose Virna (Lisi) :-)

Superb looking guitar.
    Ahh.. I forgot about Virna. She did a movie with my friend Sean's father. (Anthony Quinn). The movie was the 25th hour. I always thought her eyes were too far apart..
    JD