The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 80 of 80

User Info Menu

Have to clarify my self. I did not mean Fritz's time was bad, but some counter lines clash with each other, each in it's own good time. Also, on second listening, I wondered what I was talking about, but as mentioned, at the time was listening to some sequenced Techno, and just about everything sound a bit loose in comparisson.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vladan
    Have to clarify my self. I did not mean Fritz's time was bad, but some counter lines clash with each other, each in it's own good time. Also, on second listening, I wondered what I was talking about, but as mentioned, at the time was listening to some sequenced Techno, and just about everything sound a bit loose in comparisson.
    Hey Vladan, I wasn't contradicting you, just reacting to Fritz's comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by fritz jones
    Overdubbing two guitars usually sounds bad in my experience. I often have trouble keeping the comping going without losing concentration or dropping beats.
    I often have the same problem, sometimes I cheat and lay down the backing track with a metronome.

User Info Menu

If there's no live timekeeper, i.e. drummer, I always use click track, not for timing, but for tempo. I don't try to hit the clicks, just have it in the background, as a pad of sort. I could not hit the click even if I tried, anyway.

User Info Menu

Thought I'd put together a quick version. So many great ones on this thread. My first upload to soundcloud hope the link works

User Info Menu

real nice Rich61.