The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 33
    Dutchbopper Guest
    Hi there,

It's been a while. My dear sister (2 years my elder) died a month ago and I needed some time out from the internet. It's been a roller coaster of events and feelings. Losing a sibling sucks big time.

Been playing again a little and recorded this today. The Tal in close up. Just for the heck of it. Lots of altered stuff showed up.

DB

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

So sorry to hear about your sister. Completely understandable you needed some time away.

Sure do enjoy listening to you play...and that Tal is easy on the eyes too

My best to you and your family.

User Info Menu

Wow. Thanks, really enjoyed your playing. What a great sounding guitar, sounds just like a Tal Farlow. Really liked the backing, too, was that a track that's available?

User Info Menu

I understand perfectly well how you feel, losing a loved one is terrible, time heals all wounds.
    The best and health
    Kris

User Info Menu

So sorry for your loss, makes perfect sense to step away from the digital world for a bit.

Lovely playing as well, I really enjoyed it.

User Info Menu

DB,

I am sorry for your loss. I have lost family and friends over the past year. There has been nothing to compare with it. Welcome back.

GT

User Info Menu

GB,

I forgot to mention this in my last post, but that's some great playing.

GT

User Info Menu

Sincerest condolences for your loss. And thank you for the fine playing. I've said it many times - the Tal Farlow is in a class by itself in looks and tone - and you play it masterfully!

User Info Menu

My sincere condolences, Dick.

And: great playing and tone as always!

User Info Menu

My deepest condolences. Take care.

Great playing as always.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbopper
    Hi there,

It's been a while. My dear sister (2 years my elder) died a month ago and I needed some time out from the internet. It's been a roller coaster of events and feelings. Losing a sibling sucks big time.

Been playing again a little and recorded this today. The Tal in close up. Just for the heck of it. Lots of altered stuff showed up.

DB

Condolences on your loss, and thanks for the tune. Great playing.

John

User Info Menu

sorry to hear of your loss db...hopefully playing guitar will help ease the pain...

cheers

User Info Menu

The loss of a loved one is the hardest thing in life to endure.
    My prayers go out to you and your family.

No need to discuss your playing. Its greatness is already common knowledge here. God’s grace to you Dick.

User Info Menu

very sorry DB, hang in there

User Info Menu

Condolences, DB. May she Rest In Peace. Great playing, as always.

User Info Menu

Lot of us are pulling for you to find a way to carry on. You were missed.

User Info Menu

The loss of sibling it is hard please take care DB. Playing the guitar is therapy for sure.

User Info Menu

Hurting for you, Dick. Loss of a sibling in death is never something we "get over" or "get past." The loss accompanies us through the rest of our lives. We move past the grieving, but the loss still leaves us with a greater gravity and weight in our souls, makes us more profound people, if we let it. Carry her memory in your heart.

And your playing is always good for my heart!

User Info Menu

She had a brother who cared. I'm sure there were times when you made her life joyful and meaningful. Just like your playing, Dick.

User Info Menu

Hello DB,

As an attentive follower of your YT channel I've missed your posts over the last month. I am very sorry for your loss. I too am pissed off by the losses of my beloved ones. Deeply sorry for you and your sister.

Then music...Such a nice tone and playing.

Be safe and take care.

User Info Menu

So sad for your loss. This past year has shaken us all. Glad you're back DB, I always like to listen to you play.

Tony D.

Dutchbopper Guest
    Thanks all for the support guys. It is really appreciated.

DB

User Info Menu

Dick you are much loved here. One of our top guns and to me personally, the next best thing to my hero Tal Farlow.

Remember we are all just pilgrims passing through.
    You will see your sister again when your journey here ends.
    Tal Farlow will be glad to see you too being his torch carrier here.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbopper
    Thanks all for the support guys. It is really appreciated.

DB
    DB you'll never know how much I've appreciated your presence on the forum. You are one of the guys who plays the way I want to play some day, and plus as someone from the academic (non music) world who does this out of the sheer love to it, you are on the path I'm walking as well, working my music in between teaching (non music), research, presentations, writing, etc. The level of playing you've attained both challenges and inspires me.

I am sure I'm not alone in wanting to support you in this loss any way I can, which is not much from this distance, but at least know you are being thought of.

Dutchbopper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Dick you are much loved here. One of our top guns and to me personally, the next best thing to my hero Tal Farlow.

Remember we are all just pilgrims passing through.
    You will see your sister again when your journey here ends.
    Tal Farlow will be glad to see you too being his torch carrier here.
    You are too kind Vinny. Thanks so much.

DB

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk