The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 59

User Info Menu

This Golden Eagle appears like a stunning example of a Heritage archtop. It’s fit and finish are unlike any of the 7 GE’s I’ve previously owned.

It appears even nicer in person than in pictures. Everything about the guitar appears that yes, it is a personal guitar previously from Jay Wolfe’s collection.

The finish itself is the first thing to jump out at you. It’s dark, yet not so much as to hide the fine woods used in its build. The wood grain would be classified as tight. There is bear claw in the tops finish. The guitars Maple is some of the best I've owned.

The neck is the fullest of any of my previous combined 15 Super or Golden Eagles. It’s very comfortable and simply a breeze to play. The action is very low yet every note rings out through effortless playing.

The surprising thing about this guitar is that while it has a single routed humbucker the guitar has a rather prominent acoustic voice.

The guitar also has what is likely the final bridge base featuring flying Eagles embedded into the base that was offered by a Kalamazoo guitar shop.

The bridge too is a very solid fit. The guitar finer elements are such they appear to signify Heritage pulled out the stops on this guitar. Even the Heritage inlays, the Eagles tree landing, and Cloud fret markers are of fine abalone.

I've not purchased an arch top in over 5 years. As Heritage prices have increased, I could not resist the availability of this arch top.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Beautiful! The grain pattern on the back is enough to induce seasickness.

But...no front view of the headstock. I assume it's bound? Classy look IMO.

User Info Menu

@2B: Congratulations on yet another beautiful Heritage archtop!

And as usual, your photo skills highlight an already gorgeous instrument's features. Amazing! What is the color code on the inside label? OSB?

Play it in good health.

User Info Menu

I recognize that one! Love it!
    Lots of Heritage Henry Johnson DNA in that one.
    And you take much better pix than Marty, ha!
    Last edited by Hammertone; 03-09-2021 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Beautiful! The grain pattern on the back is enough to induce seasickness.

But...no front view of the headstock. I assume it's bound? Classy look IMO.
    For sure!

Heritage Golden Eagle-img_0166-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Heritage Golden Eagle-img_0165-jpg 

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler
    @2B: Congratulations on yet another beautiful Heritage archtop!

And as usual, your photo skills highlight an already gorgeous instrument's features. Amazing! What is the color code on the inside label? OSB?

Play it in good health.
    Thanks Git! It says: DARK ALSB

But in some angles, or from a distance, it appears to have a dark wine tint. Striking finish for sure.

User Info Menu

@B, what year GE?

Quote Originally Posted by ESCC
    @B, what year GE?
    2010. The use of the ebony Schallers were spot on too.

Oh, and thanks to the good Dr. for the sell!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    I recognize that one! Love it!
    Lots of Heritage Henry Johnson DNA in that one.
    And you take much better pix than Marty, ha!
    And the Super Patrick is about 1/2 wider! Hey, Marty does pretty good with an iPhone!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Thanks Git! It says: DARK ALSB

But in some angles, or from a distance, it appears to have a dark wine tint. Striking finish for sure.
    Dark ALSB = "Dark Almond Sun Burst"...That is so beautiful!

User Info Menu

Wow beauty and I normally do not like sharp cutaways but this one is great enjoy!

A few more pics...

User Info Menu

And the Super Patrick is about 1/2 wider! Hey, Marty does pretty good with an iPhone!
    And it's X-braced.
    Attached Images Attached Images Heritage Golden Eagle-x-braced-jpg 

And it's X-braced.
    This GE is X-braced as well. And if I recall correctly the SP has a healthy amount of bear claw.

User Info Menu

Greg, she is a beauty! May she inspire your guitar playing for many years to come (I knew there was a reason you sold your 175!).

Congrats!

User Info Menu

2b -
    This guitar is absolutely stunning ....and a smart buy for sure. The top thickness looks just about right as well. Congrats !

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

This GE is X-braced as well. And if I recall correctly the SP has a healthy amount of bear claw.
    That interior shot is your guitar!
    Bearclaw? Did someone mention bearclaw? I'll post a better shot to highlight the hazelfichte, but...

Last edited by Hammertone; 03-09-2021 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    Greg, she is a beauty! May she inspire your guitar playing for many years to come (I knew there was a reason you sold your 175!).

Congrats!
    Yes, but I didn't want to part with the ES175 either!

But I wanted a 17" guitar and I'm now a 1 guitar household in retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    2b -
    This guitar is absolutely stunning ....and a smart buy for sure. The top thickness looks just about right as well. Congrats !
    Thanks QAman! A poor mans Trenier!

That's your guitar!
    Bearclaw? Did someone mention bearclaw? I'll post a better shot to highlight the hazelfichte, but...

Hey, did you know I nearly traded for your guitar when Mikey had it? True story. But I sold the Heritage JS for $5k back during a time when Heritage JS' weren't going for $5k. It wasn't meant to be. I'm glad it ended up in your hands.

User Info Menu

A stunning guitar 2B ,the appointments spectacular, Heritage guitars
    are rarely seen on this side of the pond. You snagged a superb model
    here, Congratulations on this acquisition, it would sell in the blink of an
    eye should you ever decide to part with it.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx
    A stunning guitar 2B, the appointments spectacular, Heritage guitars
    are rarely seen on this side of the pond. You snagged a superb model
    here, Congratulations on this acquisition, it would sell in the blink of an
    eye should you ever decide to part with it.
    Thanks SF! How ya been holding' up over there?

User Info Menu

Thanks QAman! A poor mans Trenier!
    2b- a great guitar is a great guitar ! Nothing poor man about this instrument- its every bit on par with some of Gibsons best stuff. I have a fabulous guitar collection, that I won't get into here .....and it contains 2 spectacular Heritage guitars. They have such a beautiful jazzy tone........without the heaviness of some recent Gibson's, and I have come to appreciate the acoustic blend with that old world Gibson vibe.

So happy for you with this buy.....and I just love a good sunburst.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

l

Greg,
    Things are slowly improving here, and I shall be able to visit my wife in the care Home
    on Monday next for 20 minutes . for the first time in a year. It has been a tough time
    for her, but she never complains. I am very glad that she is still with us and cheerful.

Best, Alan