The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 84 of 84

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilsuit
    Ok, who's naming their next recording 'Gignetic'? Admit it.. You thought about it Jazz Technobabble

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Maybe if it weren't autocorrected to "gigantic". It's hard to sell jazz records already lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blille
    Maybe if it weren't autocorrected to "gigantic". It's hard to sell jazz records already lol

Seriously a nieztsche market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

An album called 'Gignetic'? I think someone's Polanyi leg!

User Info Menu

Come on people, don't tell me we Rand out of puns!

User Info Menu

A Burke-lee motto I'd like to see: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of The Eagles is for John Goodman to do nothing."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blille
    Come on people, don't tell me we Rand out of puns!

I'm sure we could Russell up a few more.

User Info Menu

Sheer pundemonium....

User Info Menu

Come on - Spinoza handful more, please!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docbop
    Ernst Levy your talking about a person who taught music at MIT so that scholarly jibber-jabber is to be expected. Now if you have heard Coleman speak he doesn't talk anything like that and he is probably one of the most knowledgeable musicians I've ever heard speak going from someone bangs two rocks together to create a chant to the most modern progressive musicians like Threadgill and Muhal Richard Abrams.

After spending years attending traditional college, private music schools, and working in a private music school I'd say the the Jazz Technobabble usually comes from the traditional college Jazz professors. The only ones that don't tend to talk that way are the ones that are still gigging in clubs and touring in summers. Real Jazz is street music and still is so you'll hear more people talkin' like Miles than like Ernet Levy. Then you have ones like Monk who on the rare occasion would answer a question his rely was to play something on the piano and walk away.
    If jazz was street music you would hear a lot of it played in clubs.