The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 57 of 57

User Info Menu

I lasted about a minute.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

I'll be honest, I dig the hell out of that. Some of his other covers are really good, too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebol

I lasted about a minute.
    Listening to his songs, they are interesting but not something I'd download. To me it's more of a novelty.

User Info Menu

If you used Negative Harmony and Lydian Chromatic Concept Simultaneously.....

something would happen to the Ozone Layer or the
    Magnetic Poles ... or the Axis ...right ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Robertkoa
    If you used Negative Harmony and Lydian Chromatic Concept Simultaneously.....

something would happen to the Ozone Layer or the
    Magnetic Poles ... or the Axis ...right ?
    Don't forget to add in Schillinger System of Musical Composition, Berklee was originally was a Schillinger school and Dick Grove before his legendary school taught Schillinger at another college. Then the teaching of the Sandole brothers and Charlie Banacos. Lots of cool stuff to make you think when your fingers are too sore to keep practicing for the day.

I've got into the Negative/Mirror/Symmetric/the sound over a year ago, before it was the in word to mention. I learned it from a horn player so mainly a linear POV, for me after getting a handle on using it, it explains where other concepts and theories note choices. I'm no master of it, it's still mainly a woodshed thing and playing and hearing makes it fall into place, just talking about it doesn't. I've looked at a lot of video and etc on negative, mirror, symmetrical, and other names its call over the centuries I'd say most don't talk about a key piece of it that explains the highly technical Bebop language of "the wiggly shit" and "the pendulum". So studying one concept/approach explains another concept/approach they are are all different points of view of the same twelve notes.

User Info Menu

I've delved into negative harmony a bit back in the day, I always played with an echoplex, but my plasma overdrive pedal would create just enough resonance to cross the anti-matter boundary....negative harmony was basically just a by product, so in essence, it was as simple as that....

User Info Menu

West of the sun, East of the moon is good example of negative harmony.