Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread

2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Mahogany @ Amazon

I know i know... it's a 2015. But, if you get a new nut and move the strings out evenly to fill the fretboard, they are amazing fingerstyle electrics!

Anyhoo, the price is crazy ($1256) at the moment. Amazon.com: Gibson USA LPTDM15ANNH1 Les Paul Traditional Mahogany Top Solid-Body Electric Guitar, Antique Natural: Musical Instruments

As always, I will remove the listing once the item sells out or the price moves back up to preserve resale value in the future.
    Last edited by abbazappaplant; 09-21-2017 at 11:08 PM.

Wow! That is tempting... like 1/2 price or something? Thanks for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by vernon View Post
    Wow! That is tempting... like 1/2 price or something? Thanks for posting this.
    I bought one last night... i'm not cool enough to hate the 2015's when I turn all my guitars into projects anyways. I'm super intrigued with the pickups on this. Apparently the Tribute 59's have a bit more of a single coil-esque voice to them. I'll find out when it arrives on wednesday

I think these were originally $1800.

Very cool guitar, I had an all mahogany '57 "Black Beauty" (in cherry stain) and it was a great sounding guitar.

I had to look, as I've been looking for a Mahogany LP. However, is this weight correct??

Product information

Item Weight 20 pounds
    Product Dimensions 44 x 18 x 8 inches
    Shipping Weight 24.1 pounds

that is including case and box and all that good stuff... guitar will probably be anywhere between 8.5 (1 in 1000 chance) and 10.5 pounds. The traditionals are generally heavy. Usually between 9 and 10 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler View Post
    I had to look, as I've been looking for a Mahogany LP. However, is this weight correct??

Product information

Item Weight 20 pounds
    Product Dimensions 44 x 18 x 8 inches
    Shipping Weight 24.1 pounds

well, mine showed up yesterday, i love it
    2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Mahogany @ Amazon-71mpbt-rjll-_sl1056_-jpg2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Mahogany @ Amazon-71eplgdr5al-_sl1056_-jpg

Very pretty and "classic" looking! Enjoy that.

Quote Originally Posted by M-ster View Post
    Very pretty and "classic" looking! Enjoy that.
    I am and will... It's scratching that subconscious itch from when I was 13 (1996) and missed out on a LP standard that someone had sanded down to the wood and clear coated that I missed out on by 12 hours. (they pulled it from consignment the next morning) Would have been a good use of $450 at the time.

Beautiful!! Congratulations!

Nice look. I'd love to be able to compare it side-by-side to a maple top LP.
    -- Isn't it ironic that "archtop" is a spelling error on this forum?

back down into the $1250's for anyone that was interested.

Hope some of you scored some great guitars from the other thread I posted!
    Last edited by abbazappaplant; 09-21-2017 at 11:12 PM.

beautiful pattern on that top.

Nice. I used to love the old Black Beauties with the mahogany body under the ebony finish. They sounded outstanding.

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed