Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Addictive trigger?

Can we use Addictive trigger on the DG loops to end up with a midi loop that can then be imported into Addictive Drums 2?
    Disclaimer- I have little idea what I'm talking about.

I do have Addictive Trigger but I don't think it generates midi. It looks at the peaks in the audio file and allows you to replace or mix in new drum sounds so you can augment or replace the existing sounds.
    There are plugs that generate midi from audio files. Logic can do this and I think the new Toontracks Superior Drummer 3 can do it. I have it but have not looked at it yet.

In any case I really don't think any of those things will work. The DG loops are quite complex.....with a lot of soft snare hits .....ghost notes etc. Very soft kick hits that would not get picked up and of course there is so much cymbal work and those hits would not be picked up very well. Without the hat and ride cymbal, you've really got nothing.

You need separate drum tracks to get a good result.....or something simple like rock or pop where there are defined hits.

I did ask the creator of Drum Genius if he would supply the midi loops at a cost........but, of course, it was a silly question.
    Someone would make them available on the net and that would be the end of the App.

Quote Originally Posted by Philco View Post

In any case I really don't think any of those things will work. The DG loops are quite complex.....with a lot of soft snare hits .....ghost notes etc. Very soft kick hits that would not get picked up and of course there is so much cymbal work and those hits would not be picked up very well. Without the hat and ride cymbal, you've really got nothing.
    Ok, thanks for the response. I was hoping that since the DG loops are percussion only, that they could be used satisfactorily, as opposed to perc buried in a complete mix. All I really want to do is have one DG loop transition to another seamlessly, - and some fills would be nice. But I don't know how to accomplish this.

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed