Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread

New Video Recorder Day

Learned about this nice piece of gear through Jim Soloway's post about it a while ago: the Zoom Q2n video recorder. Watched a couple of youtube reviews and sample videos to help in decision making and finally puchased one.
    So far I'm very pleased with it - handling is a piece of cake, video and audio quality are very good.
    You can also just record hq audio in case you don't need any video so it's like two gadgets in one.

Here's a little clip I recorded this morning - sorry, no jazz...:

Thanks to Jim - without his post I wouldn't even know about this!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A long journey starts with the first step...and although I have long forgotten about my destination I'm still enjoying the journey.

"I never practice. I just open the guitar case and throw in a piece of meat." (Wes Montgomery)

That was great..

Looks and sound good to me.
    No, I'm not going to give you the answer to your question. I don't want to deny you the pleasure you'll receive when you figure it out yourself. -- Bill Evans talking to his brother.

Great video, great playing. I got the blues feeling listening to you play. Nice slide work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aww man, that is just so nice! And what is that gorgeous amp with that sweet tremolo? Lush!
    Best regards, k

Thanks everybody!
    The amp is a Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A long journey starts with the first step...and although I have long forgotten about my destination I'm still enjoying the journey.

"I never practice. I just open the guitar case and throw in a piece of meat." (Wes Montgomery)

Very nice. And glad to be of service (Although it might be nice if one day there was a manufacturer who thought it was a good idea to pay me for all this free promo ). I've started doing videos for my upcoming tutorial series with my Q2n and it's working out really well.
    My CD "Bare Handed" is available as a download at Bandcamp.com
    http://jimsoloway.bandcamp.com/album/bare-handed

Thanks Jim.

I recorded a band rehearsal (in a tiny basement room, that is) and it turned out really well, even without any refinements regarding placement of the camera or instrument balance.

(since it's not jazz at all I don't post it here, though)

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO View Post
    .(since it's not jazz at all I don't post it here, though)
    I was mesmerised by the pace and feel of the playing in your previous clip.
    "Each heart vibrates to that iron string."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
    (who obviously played in Carl Kress tuning)

Quote Originally Posted by destinytot View Post
    I was mesmerised by the pace and feel of the playing in your previous clip.
    Thank you very much!

Testing at night - trying to capture a moody atmosphere (what you hear in the background is not noise from a 78rpm record but rain):

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO View Post
    Testing at night - trying to capture a moody atmosphere (what you hear in the background is not noise from a 78rpm record but rain):

That's a beautiful take on a Blind Willie Johnson touchstone. Your intonation is impeccable, and the feel is spot-on. You've done your homework. Kudos, Sir!

The lighting definitely enhances the mood. Well done!
    Best regards, k

Thank you very much, k!

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed