The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

I use ClipGrab on a Mac. Haven't had any issues.

ClipGrab - Free YouTube Downloader & Converter

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Best and easiest solution for me is youtube-dl

I'm using it on OSX but I think there's a Windows build. Yes, it's a command line tool, but all I ever had to do, is write youtube-dl +URLofTheVideo in the Terminal and off it goes. Very happy with it, after fighting with a lot of horrible crapware...

It's fast and "intelligent": automatically downloads the best quality, parses out the correct ID even from youtube-URLs with too much stuff at the end, etc etc.

You could even configure it with ffmpeg as an afterburner for conversions. Never done that.

For Mac users: best way to get it is to install homebrew and then in the Terminal brew install youtube-dl
    (But you need to install the Apple developer-tools first (free)).

Mike

User Info Menu

That sounds way too complicated.

User Info Menu

This is really old techy style, but if all you are interested in is an mp3 file for transcription, it works well.

I have an excellent Tascam DR-05 digital recorder, which in fact has a Variable Speed function that can be used for transcription. All I do is record the video audio with the Tascam stereo mics and voila! You can choose the audio quality you want, so you don't need to use the top quality setting, especially if your purpose essentially is to transcribe the music.

I realize this does not capture a video, but at least it does not come as a Trojan horse for viruses and malware.

User Info Menu

software for saving youtube videos? (transcription question)-image1-jpg

User Info Menu

Yeah, I know, but in reality it's rather easy, or at least well documented. And for me it's the only tool that worked consistently over years. Every time youtube changes anything about their URL scheme etc, it was updated immediately.

I have some UNIX-background, that may simplify things. But it's very well documented.
    For interested OSX users: here's the installation procedure for homebrew. Afterwards just type brew install youtube-dl (and Return, of course). Finito.

User Info Menu

Video converter for Windows 7 after trying many found this to be ok,

TEncoder free fairly lightweight and fast