The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

Saw Gil Goldstein with Pat Metheny on the Secret Story tour, sounded magnificent. I've done several gigs with Cory Pesaturo, current world champ of both acoustic and digital accordions, plays like Herbie Hancock, we are talking about a recording. He did do a CD with George garçon a few years ago. The Galliano-Luc combination is spectacular.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    Wow Joe is rocking some great tone on that clip! The accordion also sounds more like an organ, but without the irritating Leslie thing.
    Didn’t Gumina invent a fancy electronic accordion called the Polychord? Maybe that’s what he used on this record. Also I believe that is what the Polytone amp was originally designed for.
    Last edited by grahambop; 03-06-2018 at 12:13 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    Didn’t Gumina invent a fancy electronic accordion called the Polychord? Maybe that’s what he used on this record. Also I believe that is what the Polytone amp was originally designed for.
    That's what I heard.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AndyV
    I don't know if he ever recorded with guitarists but my favorite jazz accordion player is the late Frank Morocco.

He did at least once with L.A. studio veteran Al Hendrickson on guitar and Victor Feldman on vibes. It was recorded for Verve and titled "Like Frank Marocco." I was able to find this one You Tube video of "Take the A Train," but it's been reissued by Fresh Sounds and available in MP3 format on Amazon.

It's a cool record.

John Galich

User Info Menu

Nice find!

Reedman Ray Pizzi has a couple of nice cuts with Morocco on his site: Page 5 Ray Pizzi MP3

Scroll down to #14

User Info Menu

I finally remembered this guy's name! Marcel Azzola. He did an excellent jazz tribute to Edith Piaf.

User Info Menu