The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    He’s waiting for when I move on from that supermarket gig.
    Hey, keep that gig, at least you can nick a bottle of good wine from there. What do you get at daycare, a pair of dirty diapers?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hep To The Jive
    I listened to it, and I almost watched through the whole thing... almost. I'm not gonna lie I found myself zoning out through half of it.

He has an amazing technique, his lines are super hip and he knows exactly what's his going for. The problem I have is he's not driving the band. There's no push and pull, maybe occasionally, but mostly he's just playing along. Dynamically and rhythmically it's all very even. It almost feels like classical etude sometimes. Blues feel never graced this solo! Is it a bad thing? Not at all, just preferences.

Another is the tone, I'm just not a fan of ambient dreamy cleans. Who pioneered this tone? Seems like all hip players are doing it. Not my thing for sure.

Other than that, he's awesome, and I mean he's a real artist with his own vision. I do appreciate class.
    Everyone has their preference, I get that. No biggy.

But "ambient dreamy cleans"? This clip isn't drenched in reverb or delay. It's just an archtop sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Melodic Dreamer
    Everyone has their preference, I get that. No biggy.

But "ambient dreamy cleans"? This clip isn't drenched in reverb or delay. It's just an archtop sound.
    Yea, you are right, not drenched.. but I still hear it somehow, maybe I'm biased because I've heard him on other videos.

Reminds me that pedal I used to have, Eartquacker's Dispatch Master delay + reverb. It had that mix of both effects in one. No matter how much I was trying to dial out the excessive ambience, it was always there.

In the end, maybe it's just the style of playing more than anything.

User Info Menu

Hey, keep that gig, at least you can nick a bottle of good wine from there. What do you get at daycare, a pair of dirty diapers?
    I got plenty of those already

User Info Menu

Yea, you are right, not drenched.. but I still hear it somehow, maybe I'm biased because I've heard him on other videos.

Reminds me that pedal I used to have, Eartquacker's Dispatch Master delay + reverb. It had that mix of both effects in one. No matter how much I was trying to dial out the excessive ambience, it was always there.

In the end, maybe it's just the style of playing more than anything.
    He plays super legato and flowing... That might have something to do with it.

User Info Menu

"we play anywhere for good cash, but who's idea to book a jazz in daycare, not the brightest bulb..."

...first thing that came to my mind......

User Info Menu

Reminds me of this sadness: