The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 23 of 23

User Info Menu

Just got the sad news on Facebook.

R.I.P.

Chuck Loeb Too | Facebook
    Last edited by DonEsteban; 08-01-2017 at 09:49 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Oh no!!!!! that's just.. way too young, way too early....

User Info Menu

Speechless.

User Info Menu

I was listening to a jazz station this morning that said he was ill and recovering???

Very sad, thoughts and prayers to his family.

User Info Menu

Very sad news!

User Info Menu

Very sad news!!

RIP.

User Info Menu

RIP, maestro.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I can't belive it. I was planning to take a course with him next year.

RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Oh, man! My condolences to his family and friends

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear.

User Info Menu

A great loss. Play his music in the car all the time. One big regret was missing the Marciac Jazz Festival here in France the year he played on the same stage with Pat Martino and Mark Whitfield. A gentleman - always replied to mails and ever helpful. Condolences to his family.

User Info Menu

Very sad to hear about this today - I only really discovered his music a few years ago, but liked it immediately - smooth jazz I guess, but hip and fun as well, and with impeccable musicianship. Seemed like a lovely chap too, from his educational videos, just far too young to go, what a loss.

User Info Menu

Deep condolences to his family. Chuck Loeb was a sensitive, versatile guitarist. I thought he did a great job as Larry Carlton's replacement in Fourplay. He will be missed.

User Info Menu

Very deep musician, and you can just tell he was a gentleman. So sad to hear. Closest I can think of for being multi-talented and supportive of other great artists would be Leo Amuedo. It's one thing to be able to shred as a player, but to compose, direct, arrange, and fit in with all of those top players says a lot. Deep admiration for you, Chuck, God Bless you in your journeys.

User Info Menu

RIP Chuck.

He was one of my favs...

User Info Menu

RIP Man...!

Such a great and phenomena jazz giant. His signature to jazz guitar is irreplaceable. RIP CHUCK.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Here's Chuck performing a couple of Bossa Nova tunes with his wife Carmen Cuesta, the lyrics couldn't be more appropriate "I know I'll love you for the rest of my life"

User Info Menu

R.I.P. and more if there is something after.

User Info Menu

I'm ashamed to be so ignorant of him. Having listened to a few of these clips here, it's obvious I missed out.

Condolences to his family and friends, here and elsewhere.

User Info Menu

Condolences to his family.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat
    A great loss. Play his music in the car all the time. One big regret was missing the Marciac Jazz Festival here in France the year he played on the same stage with Pat Martino and Mark Whitfield. A gentleman - always replied to mails and ever helpful. Condolences to his family.

Here is that gig - probably 2010/11 at a guess:

Note Pat Martino's admiring gaze during Chuck's solo.