Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread

R.I.P. Rick Stone

A close personal friend and musician in NYC who has played with Rick Stone has told me Rick passed to the other side. So sad. I met him during my friend's gig a few years ago and, besides being a wonderful player, he had a wonderful personality. R.I.P., Rick.

RIP Rick Stone

Quote Originally Posted by HCarlH View Post
    A close personal friend and musician in NYC who has played with Rick Stone has told me Rick passed to the other side. So sad. I met him during my friend's gig a few years ago and, besides being a wonderful player, he had a wonderful personality. R.I.P., Rick.
    I never met Rick, but through e-mail correspondence and his lessons I gained an enormous amount from someone who came across as a warm and sincere individual not to mention superb musician. A great loss to his family, the NYC jazz community and all of us. RIP Rick.

David

dortmundjazzguitar Guest
    sad news. RIP.

I hate to hear this. RIP.
    I am no longer a moderator here. Please contact Dirk Laukens (username: Dirk) or Matt Warnock (username: m78w) with concerns normally addressed to a moderator. This includes wanting to delete your account.

All best,
    Mark

sad to hear such a great guitarist and teacher has left us. RIP

Met him years ago, at a workshop, a great player and teacher with a passion for jazz and guitar. RIP

Very sad to hear. Rick was a nice guy and a good musician. RIP...

im in shock..and have a few tears...heres what i read....Many of you may may have already heard about my recent health crisis. On March 1st I had a seizure and was diagnosed with glioblastoma (a very aggressive form of brain cancer' which has resulted in the loss of use of my left hand). I was originally scheduled to perform at Mezzrow with my trio (Tardo Hammer piano and Harvie S bass) on Wednesday, April 27 at 8pm. But since I can't play, a number of great musicians and good friends including; Peter Mazza, Gene Bertoncini,Peter Bernstein, Michael Howell, Tomas Janzon, Vincent Herring, Ralph Lalama and others (to be announced) re stepping in to perfom my place. I will be there and would love to see you. Hope you can make it.

Oh, that's sad. But he made his mark, lived a good life. Best wishes to his family and friends.

That is sad .... I've been at the fundraiser for Rick Stone at the Bar next door in NYC a few weeks ago. I was under the impression that he was really well liked by his colleagues who gave quite touching tribute speeches at the event. What a tragedy, one day you are happily performing, the next day you are being diagnosed with brain cancer and a few months later dead. Really sad, RIP.

Sad to hear he passed at such a young age. I only conversed with him by email, but he was a very nice person, great player, and I had a ton of respect for his teaching. He'll be missed in the jazz guitar community. Great guy.
    Matt Warnock Guitar
    FREE 84-Page Jazz Guitar eBook

Sad news, condolences to his family. I like to think he'll be playing some great tunes with Garrison Fewell. RIP Rick.
    Ignorance is agony.

I am a former student of Rick and I must say he was jazz music. He talked the talk, played the tunes and helped anyone who would listen. I attended music theory classes with him (also private lessons) at the Brooklyn Conservatory of music,and even though I was a beginner, he was very patient and clear in his teaching. I will miss him..Bless you Rick , your family and your music family all over the world.

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed