The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 27

User Info Menu

I Google and couldn't find... what strings is he using? gauge? Etc.. and if anyone knows what mics is he recording with and using live? Any effects live? Thanks in advance... I know somebody on this forum has this info... the collective knows all

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I think he uses the large triangle D'Andrea Pro-Plecs for picks, as for anything else - not a clue.

User Info Menu

Last I heard he was using DR Legend flatwound strings..... 13-54
    and Golden Gate picks .... they are a rounded corner triangle shape C. 1.5mm ...see them on Amazon.

User Info Menu

According to the gear page on his website Bobby Broom plays the Jazzica model Hofner Guitar and Convertibles Henriksen Jazz Amps

User Info Menu

Yup.. more curious about the other parts of his set up

User Info Menu

I believe he also just picked up the new Henricksen "The Bud" amp.

User Info Menu

He now has a Chicagoan archtop made by Dan Koentopp.

User Info Menu

Koentopp's guitars are true functional art.

User Info Menu

Bobby Broom's Chicagoan : Client Profiles | Koentopp Guitars

And a Henriksen Bud

(sorry for the double post)
    Last edited by medblues; 10-21-2017 at 06:09 PM.

User Info Menu

yeah bobby broom...sooo tasteful...soul and technique...can break your heart and then take it totally outside...visionary player

cheers

Great post, thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

And, silly me, I thought this thread was gonna be about his PLAYING...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fasstrack
    And, silly me, I thought this thread was gonna be about his PLAYING...
    read to the bottom fass!!

much bobby b appreciation down here

also check out what are you listening to now thread for current broom reprise!!!

cheers

User Info Menu

I just became aware of Bobby Broom through my new guitar/jazz improv teacher . Yike !!!!! why is this guy not more widely appreciated. Love the Monk influence and the blues roots

Will

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WillMbCdn5
    I just became aware of Bobby Broom through my new guitar/jazz improv teacher . Yike !!!!! why is this guy not more widely appreciated. Love the Monk influence and the blues roots

Will
    Great band innit ? .... swings so fine ....
    Bass players intonation is killer , huge sound , love it
    great Jazz hat work too
    Last edited by pingu; 10-22-2017 at 09:52 AM.

User Info Menu

Bobby is fantastic player. What he plays usually cuts right to the heart of what I love to hear.

User Info Menu

I've had Bobby's "Monk" album for a long time. I just picked up "My Shining Hour" and it it's a real treat. Very interesting take on the tunes. Not just another straight-ahead album. Highly recommended. Great recording quality too.

User Info Menu

^ cool...monk and my shining hour two of bobby brooms best more inside albums..if monk can ever be considered inside!!! haha..great listens

but next, by all means check out bobbys upper west side story..his own original compositions..a bit more outside ala sonny rollins..but beautiful playng...

bobby b is one of the best out there today

cheers

User Info Menu

I must be in the Bobby Broom fan club too. I can see My Shining Hour and Plays for Monk on the rack. Great player.

Still playing that Jazzica I hope :-)

User Info Menu

What guitar is he playing in the WDCB video? I've seen a couple like that and haven't been able to find the brand name. Andy Brown has one that he plays with Don Stiernberg.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    What guitar is he playing in the WDCB video? I've seen a couple like that and haven't been able to find the brand name. Andy Brown has one that he plays with Don Stiernberg.
    Koentopp. Pure functional art, right there.

Bobby's definitely a favorite of mine...his playing is such a nice bridge between modern and classic styles...

User Info Menu

If you like his stuff you have to check the Deep Blue Organ Trio as well, they 've been playing forever

User Info Menu

Thanks, Jeff. Once I knew where to look I found it. He has some pictures of Andy Brown playing his Koentopp. I hadn't heard of Koentopp before, interesting guitars.

User Info Menu

Bobby has two or three Jazzicas as well as the Koentopp, and plays all of them.
    He's a great player and a really gentleman.