The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 67

User Info Menu

Yeah I signed up soon as I received the notice but I'm thinking I've just heaped more on my plate and it runneth over. His 1-2-3 jazz chord melody and his Modern Method For Guitar is enough alone to last me a lifetime and probably were I should just immerse myself. I've just jumped through them and need to start at the beginning and fully stick with each vid. Thinking I'll just cancel the Jazz Studio and (seriously) stick solely to the two I mentioned as they are the real meat and potatoes of learning for me at least.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I just got an email about this today, and it looks interesting.

Do you need to be an All Access Truefire member to qualify for Frank's premium subscription?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by clebergf
    Hello there.

I just started this course this week, $5 per month with lessons from various aspects in playing and there is a place to post doubts, videos and audios for Frank.
    Is there someone around here doing this too?

Green Room - Frank Vignola's Jazz Studio - Channels - TrueFire
    This looks interesting. I am just wondering if I need one thing to do in the practice room right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

How is the sound? I recall seeing at least one Truefire FV ad lately where sound was difficult to listen to. One person who commented thought they had the left and right channels out of phase.

User Info Menu

Are the recordings new? Are they recycling older videos?

User Info Menu

I'm enjoying it. For me a very important thing is to have his feedback when necessary.

You don't need to be an All Access on TrueFire.

The sound until now is ok to me, only one video from "listening room" that was broken and I sent an email and now it's ok.

Frank said that the videos are exclusively for this channel and as long I never studied anything from him it's all new to me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bonnerj

Do you need to be an All Access Truefire member to qualify for Frank's premium subscription?
    Been thinking of joining myself and wondered if it's really only 5 bucks or if those 5 dollars are to be paid as a premium on top of some other subscription fee....just $5/per month would be a killer deal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleOM
    How is the sound? I recall seeing at least one Truefire FV ad lately where sound was difficult to listen to. One person who commented thought they had the left and right channels out of phase.
    I think that was FV's most recent course on Truefire, and the OOP sound was only on the preview video and the first couple of lessons. I think they sorted it out and replaced those lessons.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO
    Been thinking of joining myself and wondered if it's really only 5 bucks or if those 5 dollars are to be paid as a premium on top of some other subscription fee....just $5/per month would be a killer deal.
    I got three months of All Access free last summer through a special deal Frank had with Truefire, and then picked up a year's subscription for half off, so I ended up getting 15 months of All Access for $100. My subscription is almost over, and I've been dithering on whether or not to extend (at some point it becomes a diminishing returns type of thing), but I really like Frank's teaching style, so I may let it slide and go with Frank's channel for $5 a month.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bonnerj
    I may let it slide and go with Frank's channel for $5 a month.
    So it's actually really $ 5.00 a month I understand? If so I'd sign up.

User Info Menu

Yes, TOMMO. Just $5/month.

User Info Menu

Yes, TOMMO. Just $5/month.
    Thank you!

User Info Menu

I'm really enjoying this. I posted a video and got a quick reply from Frank.

User Info Menu

You talked me into it. I signed up yesterday. I love it so far. Frank is a good teacher.

Anyone interested in joining my study group based on Frank’s solos over Rhythm Changes. Don’t worry about the timelines, just jump in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Great Double A, I hope you enjoy it.

I'm not getting into your group because I don't have time to study all this things. One of the reasons that I'm enjoying the Jazz Studio is that I can make it in my own time and have feedback when needed.

User Info Menu

B
    Hello there.

I just started this course this week, $5 per month with lessons from various aspects in playing and there is a place to post doubts, videos and audios for Frank.
    Is there someone around here doing this too?

Green Room - Frank Vignola's Jazz Studio - Channels - TrueFire
    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I got an email the other day offering me a single lesson with Frank for $29. (It's usually $39.) I figured, hey, why not? If nothing else, I can say I had a lesson with one of the greats.

Anyone done this with Frank (or another True Fire teacher)?

(By the way, I signed up for the $5 a month channel. It's been hectic lately, with Christmas and New Year's, so I haven't had much time for it yet.)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    I got an email the other day offering me a single lesson with Frank for $29. (It's usually $39.) I figured, hey, why not? If nothing else, I can say I had a lesson with one of the greats.

(By the way, I signed up for the $5 a month channel. It's been hectic lately, with Christmas and New Year's, so I haven't had much time for it yet.)
    I am also on the $5 a month plan. I plan for on working through some of the material, then contacting Frank when I have specific questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Are your referring to the True Fire Private Lesson App? I am in the middle of my first one.
    You submit a video along with any questions. There is a spot to type questions. Teacher responds with a video and they also can post PDF's of any relevant material. You then have a chance to ask questions along with another video submission. No time constraint in responding. Teacher responds with a final video and marks the lesson complete. So it appears to be a very good value in my book. Frank is a great teacher.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alltunes
    Are your referring to the True Fire Private Lesson App? I am in the middle of my first one.
    You submit a video along with any questions. There is a spot to type questions. Teacher responds with a video and they also can post PDF's of any relevant material. You then have a chance to ask questions along with another video submission. No time constraint in responding. Teacher responds with a final video and marks the lesson complete. So it appears to be a very good value in my book. Frank is a great teacher.
    Thank you for this informative response!
    I just got the info from TrueFire today, so I'm still in the prep phase. First, I had to complete my profile (stylistic interests, years playing, 3 favorite players). Next is to make the video. I'll kick that idea around for a day or two. Don't want to rush. Trying to get clear in my own mind what I want to 'demo' and what I want to ask him.
    I agree he's a great teacher.

User Info Menu

Thank you for this informative response!
    I just got the info from TrueFire today, so I'm still in the prep phase. First, I had to complete my profile (stylistic interests, years playing, 3 favorite players). Next is to make the video. I'll kick that idea around for a day or two. Don't want to rush. Trying to get clear in my own mind what I want to 'demo' and what I want to ask him.
    I agree he's a great teacher.
    Interested in your progress. Is it Frank only, can you do with Mimi?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gggomez
    Interested in your progress. Is it Frank only, can you do with Mimi?
    Good question. I'll ask someone at TrueFire.

Hhm, haven't heard back from them yet but found a list of instructors who give private lessons. LOTS of them. Not all jazz players, but Sheryl Bailey does, and so does Doug Munro (-he's got a new class about playing with an organ trio---he's a great rhythm player with a strong sense of groove; I think you'd like him), Bruce Arnold, Les Wise, and a few others. The list probably changes from time to time.

User Info Menu

I just submitted my follow up video. Response time on first video was good.... a couple of days

Yes many of the True Fire players also participate in the private lesson program. It's a good app too and so far works well and is easy to navigate. The app automatically links up to your video folder so no extra processing of video clip to do.

One thing I've come to grips with is getting a flawless video performance of myself if next to impossible so I've taken to submitting the video warts and all. Why delay the process because you missed a few notes?

Here is the list of instructors Private Guitar Lessons Online - TrueFire

User Info Menu

What about your lesson Mark?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sjl
    What about your lesson Mark?
    Haven't done it yet.
    Really need to get on that.
    Recently re-enrolled in Jimmy Bruno's Guitar Workshop and I've been working hard on that material, so I'm not being a slacker.