The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 67 of 67

User Info Menu

Very pleasing to listen to. A good groove all the way through, single string lines were well connected, good jazzy tone, nice selection of chords/voicings. All together, this was an excellent version of this great old standard. Thank you for sharing!

wiz (Howie)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Y'all should check out Vladan's site. There's lots on it, like pictures of the Danube frozen over... to the sounds of funky metal All The Things You Are.

It's weally gwoovy :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Y'all should check out Vladan's site. There's lots on it, like pictures of the Danube frozen over... to the sounds of funky metal All The Things You Are.

I always enjoy Vladan's posts...I think we come at the material from such different places, I always get surprised by what he does. It always sounds original.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1

Thank you, mate. Rarely people reccomend each other these days. Much appreciated!
    Even I don't do it. I give +1s, likes ... write a line of support ... the main thing ... I share other people's stuff across public networks, but only if it crosses my way and on that same network. I do not bother to share G+ post to FB, or vice versa. I mean, sometimes I do, but rarely. All this regarding independent unsigned musicians and artists.
    For the peace of mind, proportionally and even in absolute numbers, I've shared much more of "their" stuff than they did of mine, so, there ...

Some time ago I've listened to some of your sound cloud entries that I could not remember as being posted to this forum. Liked all the blues, both playing and singing.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    I always enjoy Vladan's posts...I think we come at the material from such different places, I always get surprised by what he does. It always sounds original.
    Thank you Mr.B, you know I'm fond of your interpretations. I find them unique. Open with enough of blues and pretty much without that, in my book, unwanted "classical" vibe that can spoil even the best jazz effort. Keep them coming!

User Info Menu

If you could try reposting it from there, i'd really appreciate it, fuzzthebee!
    i have no idea why it's not working here...
    Last edited by dogletnoir; 04-24-2017 at 06:21 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dogletnoir
    i have no idea why it's not working here...
    Some nice unexpected sounds in there. I liked that.

(If you go to your Soundcloud page...

... underneath your Willow entry is the 'share' box. Clicking that brings up a blue highlighted URL. Copy that and paste here. When you post the message the Soundcloud player appears automatically.

Have you tried that? It's very surprising if it doesn't work).

User Info Menu

Thanks, folks; i really appreciate your efforts on my behalf!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dogletnoir
    Thanks, folks; i really appreciate your efforts on my behalf!
    Yes, yes, but have you done it!?

User Info Menu

This is an attempt at using what's in the SC 'share' box:

i still don't get an embedded track, sorry. i'm going to try to upload to sc again...
    Willow Weep by frostyjr2 | frosty | Free Listening on SoundCloud
    aha... i think i've figured it out now...

got to use the sc icon here nowadays!
    TY for your help, and for your patience...
    Last edited by dogletnoir; 04-25-2017 at 02:24 PM.

User Info Menu

Both those players work and both play the same Willow track. No prob that I can see.

User Info Menu

They both work in Win10, but only the 2nd one works in Win7, at least on my computers, in Chrome.

User Info Menu

Hi all,
    Great tune. Here's my stab at it.

I'm really glad I'm doing this--trying to get a good recording has really shown me what I need to work on, especially rhythmically!

User Info Menu

I am late this month.
    Lots of noodles laying around here.

Hans
    Last edited by Hatim; 04-27-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatim
    I am late this month.
    Nope. MAY is late.

Anytime before that is EARLY. :-)

User Info Menu

I'm a day late but the thread wouldn't be complete without this from Uffe Steen, who can be found on this very forum. This is the version I heard somewhere in my head but never really achieved :-)

Couldn't be better.

User Info Menu

We Love Hip Form E

One day late, did it in a hurry, all the music recording and video editing, left in all the mistakes, bass line pretty much off ... still, I think it sounds good enough for people to actually like it ... for whatever the reason they might find appropriate ...

User Info Menu

I know that I am way late but here is my entry

Willow Weep For Me

I am doing my best to keep up