The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 35 of 35

User Info Menu

Been enjoying folks' posts so far, gonna relished and comment on some tonight.

Here's my humble submission...figured why play the melody, I'll just improv a chorus....this is what I'm working on, keeping time, no backing, no click.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EDS
    I've been meaning to post in this thread for a year, but never get around to it. Recording myself feels like trying to be quiet while using the bathroom when someone is just outside - I just feel nervous and tentative like I'm being watched.

But I should do it more, so here is a quick take. Normally I would do another take to try to improve all the stuff I didn't like, but I'm just gonna let it go. Nice job everyone!

I think you sound great man! Post more often.

User Info Menu

One of my fav. standards, especially I dig the intro! I really need a band to make it sound decent, maybe I will record a trio soon! But I don't have patience, and June is almost done... I challenged myself, I think some moments are ok, some half assed, and a few total blunders, naturally haha

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hep To The Jive
    One of my fav. standards, especially I dig the intro! I really need a band to make it sound decent, maybe I will record a trio soon! But I don't have patience, and June is almost done... I challenged myself, I think some moments are ok, some half assed, and a few total blunders, naturally haha
    You're good and all that, but just out of curiosity, if you could explain in couple of words, what makes one middle-aged man go tattooed?

User Info Menu

BTW, here's how I strummed chords in rhythm for this song 2 years ago

User Info Menu

Well, here goes nothin'... but I welcome any constructive criticism.

User Info Menu

Here is my attempt to disprove the maxim, "better late than never".

I tried just a chorus of soloing to a click, and then comping for my lead track. I think we're all in agreement that the results are mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    Here is my attempt to disprove the maxim, "better late than never".

I tried just a chorus of soloing to a click, and then comping for my lead track. I think we're all in agreement that the results are mixed.

Great recorded tone and some really nice lines, jehu.

Quote Originally Posted by jasaco
    Well, here goes nothin'... but I welcome any constructive criticism.

Think it sounds great. You're doing a lot with creating rhythmic interest in variety of phrases. I need to go practice. :-)

User Info Menu

Thanks for the encouragement, Matt. I ain't great, but I'm better than yesterday!