The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pkirk
    I like playing slow ballads. My slow brain can keep up more easily. Here's another attempt, this time with a trio

SoundClick artist: Paul Kirk - page with MP3 music downloads
    Wow! That's really nice. You made every note count. You've got sensitive bandmates too.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

A rich chordal version by Johnny Smith , from the ?Moonlight In Vermont" album

Last edited by gtrplrfla; 05-31-2016 at 01:31 PM. Reason: I neglected to add the link !

Something I've been working on from the old "What's New" thread (2013). It's a transcription of the first 8 bars of Reg's comping starting from 4:40 through about 6:50. Kind of funny when you look at how many voicings... I'd have to go back and check, but it's kind of a combination of different parts. He never really goes all the way through AABA. This transcription is a full AAB. I wrote a "D.S. al fine" at the end but no "Fine". Just repeat one of the A's. In this tune, the last one is pretty much a straight repeat of one of the previous.

Let me know of typos etc. I think it's close.

I've also attached my original worksheet with the chord voicings. It's has mistakes that were never fixed, though theyr'e mostly corrected by the time they got into the leadsheet pdf. It at least might give you something else to work with. It has time stamps throughout...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg
    OK... so here is how I might look at What's New. Pretty standard analysis with basic references...

I didn't post a playing version of tune... I will, I'll try and get a clip from some gig I play this week. It's a cool tune, should be able to talk someone into videoing ...

This is pretty typical target approach tune with Relative and Parallel concepts of harmonic organization.

Check out the vid and if I need to clear anything up just ask... I know. I talk too fast and expect everyone too know way too much already... so please ask...

Reg
    Attached Images Attached Images May 2016 - What's New-whats-new-p1-w-grids_001-jpg 
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by matt.guitarteacher; 07-04-2016 at 10:11 PM.

User Info Menu

Good job Matt.