The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 60 of 60

User Info Menu

Hi guys,
    It's been a few days now since somone posted. Is it time to call it a day on this one or is anyone else nearly ready to post an improv or something ..Given the number of downloads on my box account a lot of guys want to play this tune.

Cheers,

Tom

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I 'm ready to move on to the next tune but will go along with what the other members want to do.

wiz

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Reg
    Here's a weak take of joy spring... I tried to play as chord solo... usually I can fake my way through most tunes... anyway... I got caught on JS... The head is a little busy for trying to voice... but that's how it goes sometimes. If we keep tune around ... I'll try and work out something... steal something from JP... he never seem to have any problems.
    Great comping approach, Reg! And I really dig the bluesy feel of your soloing. Really nice groove!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oilywrag
    Hi guys,
    It's been a few days now since somone posted. Is it time to call it a day on this one or is anyone else nearly ready to post an improv or something ..Given the number of downloads on my box account a lot of guys want to play this tune.

Cheers,

Tom
    I have been stupidly busy and apologize for not posting. I hope to tonight after work (yup I work on Sundays!)

Feel free to move on, though.

User Info Menu

Another good job, Reg! I love your video examples and this one for Joy Spring has some very good comping concepts. I think I need to add more octaves to my solo's & comping to add more variety to my approach. It is really nice to be able to visualize the chords and positions you use and I get a lot of ideas to experiment with when I watch you play. Thank you very much,

wiz

User Info Menu

sgreb: Sounds like you have a very good handle on the head and your version definitely swings in a nice groove. I heard some very good lines and I like the way you use the whole neck when you improvise. Also I liked the chordal improv toward the end and it left me wishing you had not been interrupted. I enjoyed listening to you and I am looking forward to our next tune. This a great thread!

wiz
    Last edited by wizard3739; 03-24-2011 at 11:33 AM.

User Info Menu

Yea... man you got a little grease to clean up... great playin, very live. You do know when we say grease ... we mean your in the groove... you were layin it down...that's a very good thing. Reg

User Info Menu

sgreb - nice job man I also really liked the chords you laid down at the end.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the comments. Sometimes i feel like I'm really flailing on tunes like these. I should probably work more on "lines" so it's not such a brain drain to play.

Thanks also for identifying my "groove". That's one area I've always been pretty solid at, except sometimes I tend to rush.

I dig this thread a lot too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oilywrag
    Hi guys,

Cheers,

Tom
    I have been away for 2 trips and all I have managed to sort out was the head (at anything like full tempo). As a medium/beginner, it is tough. Still, it is a great tune and I am just posting this to say thanks to you and all the rest for all the versions/takes/tracks/chord sheets.

Des