The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 101 to 113 of 113

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by andyb
    I have been working on he complete tune plus solo and ending, Recording it all the way through with no mistakes is difficult, and Im not there yet.

But here is my " A Train, Wreck"
    Congrats Andy on successfully tackling the complete tune! Getting through 64 bars is no small feat. I'll be spending most of this weekend trying to do the same (i.e., lots and lots of takes...). Cheers.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Mike, while Lawson is away, I thought we decided to have a short break before starting on TTI V2,

This is what I propose,

We each chose a tune, and then make a solo using the lines we have learnt so far.

Post up 8 bars a week.

First 8 bars due on Tuesday 4th July.

Is everyone OK with that?
    I am okay with that. I hope to complete "A Train" this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doublea A
    I am okay with that. I hope to complete "A Train" this week.

Great, we need to get the STICKY sorted, how do we do that?

User Info Menu

Great, we need to get the STICKY sorted, how do we do that?
    I will figure it out

User Info Menu

Here's my take on the full tune (melody, solo, ending; 114 bpm). In addition to learning the Conti solo, I also tackled learning Rich Severson's chord melody lesson. This one took quite a bit a practice and many takes.

Please see my earlier post (#76) for just the Conti solo.

Credits:
    - Bars 1-32: Taken straight from Rich Severson's Take The A Train chord melody lesson. You can purchase and download the lesson online at Take the A Train guitar chord melody arrangement..
    - Bars 33-64: This month's solo. Robert Conti Ticket To Improve Volume 1 Lesson 4
    - Bars 65-72: For the ending, I repeated the melody and then used one of Severson's ideas to close it out.

Cheers,
    Joe

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by losaltosjoe
    Here's my take on the full tune (melody, solo, ending; 114 bpm). In addition to learning the Conti solo, I also tackled learning Rich Severson's chord melody lesson. This one took quite a bit a practice and many takes.

Credits:
    - Bars 1-32: Taken straight from Rich Severson's Take The A Train chord melody lesson. You can purchase and download the lesson online at Take the A Train guitar chord melody arrangement..
    - Bars 33-64: This month's solo. Robert Conti Ticket To Improve Volume 1 Lesson 4
    - Bars 65-72: For the ending, I repeated the melody and then used one of Severson's ideas to close it out.

Cheers,
    Joe
    Wow!! Great job on this one. Conti's solo merged seamlessly into the chord melody.

Mike

User Info Menu

I will figure it out
    RE: the new STICKY thread.
    I sent Dirk (the Moderator) a PM last week about it but did not get a reply, so I assume that was the wrong thing to do, perhaps you will have more luck.

EDIT

It looks like I was on the right track, Dirk is on it now. Thanks Dirk.
    Last edited by andyb; 06-26-2017 at 07:12 AM.

User Info Menu

Here's my take on the full tune (melody, solo, ending; 114 bpm). In addition to learning the Conti solo, I also tackled learning Rich Severson's chord melody lesson. This one took quite a bit a practice and many takes

Cheers,
    Joe
    Loved it, I thought it was really well put together. Great tone... you didn't sound rushed at all, the Chord melody solo alone must have taken a lot of work. My effort at the whole thing, has given me new respect for anyone attempting it, and you did it with aplomb.

User Info Menu

Credits:

Cheers,
    Joe
    Lovely! Really hangs together!

User Info Menu

Did we ever get the sticky figured out for our July assignment ?

User Info Menu

Here is my video for A Train

A Train

User Info Menu

A Train
    I like your take on this one. Very good!

Mike

User Info Menu

A Train
    Hi Doublea A -- I'm glad you caught the last train out of town! :-) Great playing. I really enjoyed your take on the solo.