The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

SA is supposed to stand for "Super Axe", from 1988+, made in Taiwan, supposedly owned by Sheryl Bailey. 1.72" nut width (why I chose it over CME ES-335s) and block inlays starting from the 1st fret

I am prepared to change the pickups and electronics to to something I don't have if the originals are not up to my standards but the workmanship looks great from the photos.

Yamaha SA2100 1985? Blond | Reverb

Yamaha SA-2100-ezgif-5-4eaabb1603-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Nice guitar! congrats!

I have a Yamaha SA-2000s and while people often advice for better PU's I am not unsatisfied at all. Set-up your PU's and explore the possibilities by creating an angle with the two upper screws on the PU-ring.

Enjoy your new guitar

User Info Menu

Were not that great, Japanese far better, nowhere near 335 or Japan made Ibanez AS200 80-86

Quote Originally Posted by Durban
    Were not that great, Japanese far better, nowhere near 335 or Japan made Ibanez AS200 80-86
    Thanks for your comment, will look for an Ibanez version if I don't like this one. Or maybe a single pickup Pat Metheny model.

User Info Menu

It has a great look, I love the binding and inlays. Looks like quality from here for sure. Big congrats.

User Info Menu

Very nice guitar!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Durban
    Why pee on MedBlues' new guitar day with such negative, unsolicited comments?? Obviously he's thrilled with the axe, and simply wanted to share his joy with others on the forum.

User Info Menu

That things looks like a real sweet axe. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Medblues,
    If you want to see what one of these can do, Check out my buddy Primoz Grasic playing one.
    Primoz is an extraordinary Guitar player. He makes his Yammie sing! Just like you will!

Congrats on a real nice guitar my man.

Joe D.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler
    Why pee on MedBlues' new guitar day with such negative, unsolicited comments?? Obviously he's thrilled with the axe, and simply wanted to share his joy with others on the forum.
    Its because not everybody is like you Gitfiddler. I totally agree with you. And thanks for standing up for one of the best dudes we have on this forum.
    Joe D.

User Info Menu

That's a beautiful instrument. Every Yamaha I have ever seen has been a superbly crafted guitar (or piano, or motorcycle. or...). This looks to be no exception. That 3-point pickup mounting system should be more widely adopted, IMHO. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    That 3-point pickup mounting system should be more widely adopted, IMHO.
    Couldn't agree more!

User Info Menu

Wow, if it sounds as good as it looks you should be verry happy, congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Medblues,
    If you want to see what one of these can do, Check out my buddy Primoz Grasic playing one.
    Primoz is an extraordinary Guitar player. He makes his Yammie sing! Just like you will!

Congrats on a real nice guitar my man.

Joe D.
    Thanks Max405, found a couple of his lesson clips, he really makes it sound fat. I think he plays one later model.

This one also demos the versatility of the guitar, useful to me because I have the exact same amp.

User Info Menu

Is the third screw on the pup mount used to set the angle? Are there three springs?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by medblues
    Thanks Max405, found a couple of his lesson clips, he really makes it sound fat. I think he plays one later model.

This one also demos the versatility of the guitar, useful to me because I have the exact same amp.

Thanks for posting that. I just got that same amp this past weekend. I'm going to be looking for things relative to it as time goes along shortly.

B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I own this exact version of the MIT Yamaha SA2100 guitar and I enjoyed the sound very much. I own 2 MIJ SA2100's as well. The SA2500 models pickups in these guitars are magical to me. The ones in the MIT are different but not inferior by any stretch. You have a great guitar and I would stack either version up against any guitar of comparable price. Did you get the original case with it? You can check my Yamaha's here:

Guitars and Stuff - Goodwin Audio

Cheers!

User Info Menu

I love that vid, Jon Herington is great. Have the same amp too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomez1963
    I own this exact version of the MIT Yamaha SA2100 guitar and I enjoyed the sound very much. I own 2 MIJ SA2100's as well. The SA2500 models pickups in these guitars are magical to me. The ones in the MIT are different but not inferior by any stretch. You have a great guitar and I would stack either version up against any guitar of comparable price. Did you get the original case with it? You can check my Yamaha's here:

Guitars and Stuff - Goodwin Audio

Cheers!
    Thanks for the confirmation ! It looks like the original case but there are no logos on it. There is a printed label on the edge of it that says "Shryl Bailey" (who I am listening to right now :-)

You are quite the (Yamaha) collector, everything looks pristine. What is the difference between MIJ and MIT SA-2100s in your hands ?