The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 53 of 53

User Info Menu

The only guitar i have which i cannot play is an old Ibanez with a really thin neck. I think one hour on it is enough for me to develop tendinitis . It s my metal guitar though , ain't going away!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I find my 21st century strat and tele have necks that are my standard of comfort, not too fat, not too skinny.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blille
    For those of you saying that you can adapt given the time, do you mean within a day/session or weeks of bonding with a guitar? I could see transitioning to a different neck but not sure I could play very different necks within the same day for example. When I've done it I've felt it in my hands/arms. I play with the thumb in the back, guitar high.
    Any time for me. I can more from one guitar to another with minimal issues. The biggest problem for me is visual, and tends to happen when moving from a large-bodied guitar (i.e. a semi) to a smaller one. This moves most everything to the right a bit, so sometimes when I grab for a position, I miss. But in terms of comfort/cramping or anything, it's fine.