The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

That is excellent work on the cabinet that Valdez posted. Getting any covering to look that neat is difficult. I can't tell how it sounds from a picture, but it certainly looks good.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

+1 on the beautiful cabinet work. A deluxe with a 15" speaker is a neat idea, too. Way to go.

User Info Menu

One day I realized I had enough left-over parts, including spare cabinet, to make another whole amp. Amp building begets amp building. So I made this 5e3 a 'baby bassman' with a 4x10 cabinet.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys.
    Of caurse I bulid that cab myselfe ;-) (Have a look at my FB site)
    And sorry no octal tubes in this amp, perhaps next time,
    I allways have an eye on the octal Fenders.
    I like that octal sound from my Elektra.
    The V47 amps are looking realy great, they have inspired me for this cab. ;-)
    And the baby bassman is cool as well.
    This year I build a tweet stack for a client, 5E3 + 2x12".

Tweed amps - Fender Harvard (5f10) vs Deluxe (5e3)-img_3900-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by icr
    One day I realized I had enough left-over parts, including spare cabinet, to make another whole amp. Amp building begets amp building. So I made this 5e3 a 'baby bassman' with a 4x10 cabinet.
    icr,

I did this once, years back. I wired the speakers like a Fender Hot Rod DeVille, i.e., an 8-ohm load (series-parallel) instead of a Bassman's 2-ohm load. This fed the output transformer from the 5e3 nicely. The result was glorious.

+1 on your amp. Best sounding "Deluxe" I ever made.

(I have a cabinet, by the way, that I want to try out with a 5e3 circuit in which I designed a 4 x 8" baffleboard. I want to use four Weber alnico 8" speakers in it with a 8-ohm load. I just need to select the 8-ohm Weber 8S alnico speakers, not the 4-ohm models.)
    Last edited by Greentone; 10-18-2017 at 02:37 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey02
    Total mindf#ck . I always assumed Greentone just happened to look A LOT like Grant Green! Will have to take everything he says with a grain of salt from now on!

HA!!! That was my first thought when seeing that pic as well!!!!

Not to hijack the thread, but now I have to ask: Greentone- if one wanted to explore Grant Green, what collection would you recommend they start with?
    Last edited by ruger9; 10-19-2017 at 06:34 AM.

User Info Menu

Ruger9,

If you are buying, get the box set of Grant's 1st four albums as a leader at Blue Note. Awesome.

If you are listening on a digital service, listen to Grant's First Stand, Sunday Morning, Greenstreet, and Grantstand.