The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 49 of 49

User Info Menu

I've seen that video. Your laminate guitar sounds amazing, and Perry does an excellent demo!

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    Fabiansey,
    I can describe Bryant's Jazz electric as being creamy smooth with a fat , yet soft richness across the fingerboard . It sustains forever and plays effortlessly.

In fact, it's the easiest guitar to play that I own - a real go to guitar. Here is a pic of mine. Perry Berkman is playing it on Bryant webpage.

Last edited by helios; 09-22-2017 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Added video

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

And I just noticed his truss rod cover design ( !! ) .........curious as to how that cover is fastened, and the size of the nut and rod..........

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=QAman;804491]Vinny,
    Bryant is so much like Jimmy - it's sort of like being in Jimmy' s shop when I visit . And I've hung out in Jimmy's shop for years. Same passion , same mannerism and builds same kind of guitar - just amazing . You've got to try one.[/QUOTE

I wish I could. He is now in France and I am in Ca. NY would have been doable but not France. Very happy you have one in your stable..... :-)

User Info Menu

Bryant's Excel exudes D'Aquisto, that's for sure. And that Pasquale has fingers like an Octopus has tentacles. Amazing hands, and chops.

User Info Menu

I checked out Trenier's website for info on Pasquale's guitar (Pasquale sounds AMAZING on it). There was this information contained below: basically the Pete Bitloft CC style suspended pickup for carved guitars was specifically designed to match Pasquale's request.

I LOVE that pickup. I think it sounds absolutely fantastic. Thank you, Bryant, Pete, and Pasquale!

"What we came up with is an entirely new type of guitar. I put the neck joint at the 15th fret, for greater access up the neck, greatly beneficial for executing extended arpeggios over multiple octaves. The zero fret is employed for tonal consistency between fretted and unfretted notes. Pasquale doesn't play with a finger rest, so I had to find a clever way to mount the controls, without cutting a hole in the soundboard. The tailpiece proved a good choice in this regard. Finally, he asked for a single coil, C.C. style pickup with very even tone, great for chording as well as single note playing. The challenge was put before Pete Biltoft, and he came up with very expressive pickup to complement the instrument.

User Info Menu

You know if you want to sample his guitars, he is exhibiting at the Woodstock Invitational Luthier Showcase (Oct 27-29). I will be attending...

Guitars | Stringed Instruments | Woodstock Invitational Luthiers Showcase

Among the 50 luthiers exhibiting, there are a number of archtop luthiers along with Bryant:

Therry Andre
    Mario Beauregard
    Stephen Marchione
    Chris Mirabella
    John Monteleone
    Ken Parker
    Woody Pfifer
    Tom Ribbecke
    Bryant Treiner
    Gary Zimnicki

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7
    You know if you want to sample his guitars, he is exhibiting at the Woodstock Invitational Luthier Showcase (Oct 27-29). I will be attending...

Guitars | Stringed Instruments | Woodstock Invitational Luthiers Showcase

Among the 50 luthiers exhibiting, there are a number of archtop luthiers along with Bryant:

Therry Andre
    Mario Beauregard
    Stephen Marchione
    Chris Mirabella
    John Monteleone
    Ken Parker
    Woody Pfifer
    Tom Ribbecke
    Bryant Treiner
    Gary Zimnicki
    That is a who's who list of the best living archtop makers.

I will most likely be headed to the Woodstock show as well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    That is a who's who list of the best living archtop makers.
    Well, not entirely, but pretty close. There are some 'best' living archtop makers not on the list.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    Well, not entirely, but pretty close. There are some 'best' living archtop makers not on the list.
    The show organizer rotates the luthiers who exhibits each year to some extent. There usually are 10 or 12 archtop builders among the mix. It is both a blast and instructive to sample their work side by side. We are fortunate to live when there are many great archtop luthiers practicing. The list is great, but there are many great builders beyond those exhibiting at WILS this year.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7
    The show organizer rotates the luthiers who exhibits each year to some extent. There usually are 10 or 12 archtop builders among the mix. It is both a blast and instructive to sample their work side by side. We are fortunate to live when there are many great archtop luthiers practicing. The list is great, but there are many great builders beyond those exhibiting at WILS this year.
    True. Wish I could make it. I love these kind of events, and would love to see Bryant and talk with him and play a few of his archtops. That would be very cool. I love his guitars. And, the list of builders is impressive. I encourage anyone that loves archtops and lives a reasonable distance from the event to check it out. I went to the event in La Conner, Washington earlier this year and visited with some of the best builders alive and played their guitars. It was incredible. Lots of players too.

User Info Menu

Wow-your guitars look amazing. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by fabiansey
    Wow-your guitars look amazing. Thank you for sharing your experience.
    My pleasure - Archtops are my passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    And I just noticed his truss rod cover design ( !! ) .........curious as to how that cover is fastened, and the size of the nut and rod..........
    Dennis ,
    I attached a pic of the truss rod for your curiosity. It accepts a 9/64 Allen wrench and turns like butter - as it should.

User Info Menu

WOW........what a beautiful nut !

User Info Menu

Dennis ,
    I attached a pic of the truss rod for your curiosity. It accepts a 9/64 Allen wrench and turns like butter - as it should.

Thanks Q ! You sure didn't have to do that, but I appreciate it !!

Bryant sure makes some fantastic instruments.

Thanks again.

Dennis

User Info Menu

Great Quote... after he played one of Jimmy's...

"I just really wanted to make people feel the way that guitar made me feel…"

I believe you have succeeded...

It is an honor to be owned by a Trenier guitar.

Thanks for posting this video!!

User Info Menu

And limits it's your ability to over tighten or loosen too much.
    Its an elegant solution.
    QA, you've been singing the praises of these guitars for a while. This should help the brand gain in popularity. The best advertisement next to actually playing the guitar is word of mouth.
    Bryant should should be thankful that a guy as respected as you is giving him notoriety. He clearly deserves it.
    Joe D

Dennis ,

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    And limits it's your ability to over tighten or loosen too much.
    Its an elegant solution.
    QA, you've been singing the praises of these guitars for a while. This should help the brand gain in popularity. The best advertisement next to actually playing the guitar is word of mouth.
    Bryant should should be thankful that a guy as respected as you is giving him notoriety. He clearly deserves it.
    Joe D
    Joe,
    I had an interesting phone call from Bryant today - we reminisced about our friendship and the constant improvements in his guitars over the past several years.
    He said his focus will continue to be on the early 30's parallel braced DA style and mid to late 80's period D'Aquisto's - which many feel might be Jim's golden period TONE wise. Of course D'Aquisto's later work was his most creative - and paved the way for many innovations and breakthroughs in Archtop construction.

I told Bryant the video was well received by the Forum - and he's grateful for all the Archtop enthusiasts and the kind comments . Bryant is certainly appreciative of my ongoing support - and the many great players who own and sing the praises of his instruments.

One day you have to come by and play a few - especially the Jazz electric which I think is the absolute perfect electric guitar for you - it's just awesome.

User Info Menu

My pleasure - Archtops are my passion.
    Another question, please - are Bryant's guitars now priced in euro's ? Does that put US buyers on the wrong side of the exchange rate ? Or worse yet, could we even dream of purchasing one and having it arrive safely ?

That shipping issue occurred to me after I saw that Marc Knopfler vid with his Monteleone. How in the world did they ever ship that to him - or did they?

Dennis D,
    Bryant's website still shows US dollars. I wouldn't worry about shipping . Ive bought guitars from Europe - and never had a problem. Just use Fed X priority - it cost a few bucks , but when investing in a guitar like a Trenier - the added shipping cost is worth every penny.

In 2015 I bought a Philippe Jean Mairet classical guitar from Switzerland - had it 2nd day air and the box was perfect .

User Info Menu

Dennis D,
    Bryant's website still shows US dollars. I wouldn't worry about shipping . Ive bought guitars from Europe - and never had a problem. Just use Fed X priority - it cost a few bucks , but when investing in a guitar like a Trenier - the added shipping cost is worth every penny.

In 2015 I bought a Philippe Jean Mairet classical guitar from Switzerland - had it 2nd day air and the box was perfect .
    I didn't look at his website, but I just did. Sorry.

That one with the sound port sure got my attention !

Thanks again !

User Info Menu

Joe,
    I had an interesting phone call from Bryant today - we reminisced about our friendship and the constant improvements in his guitars over the past several years.
    He said his focus will continue to be on the early 30's parallel braced DA style and mid to late 80's period D'Aquisto's - which many feel might be Jim's golden period TONE wise. Of course D'Aquisto's later work was his most creative - and paved the way for many innovations and breakthroughs in Archtop construction.

I told Bryant the video was well received by the Forum - and he's grateful for all the Archtop enthusiasts and the kind comments . Bryant is certainly appreciative of my ongoing support - and the many great players who own and sing the praises of his instruments.

One day you have to come by and play a few - especially the Jazz electric which I think is the absolute perfect electric guitar for you - it's just awesome.
    Stevie, i will take you up on that.
    A talent like Bryant's is rare. These guys lock into making outstanding guitars so effortlessly because they know what details to sweat. They understand a guitar is the sum of all its parts and nothing can be compromised. But to them, it's like riding a bike. It just happens.. you either got it, or you don't.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

That's one builder let me tell ya, whose guitars I'd own several of....and live in France too, if I could!