The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 64 of 64

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    The led is supposed to go on when the battery is getting low. I think....
    Godin confirmed the functionality after asking them 3 times: the LED blinks once when turned on and again once when turned off. When the battery is low it will blink repeatedly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here's an update. It's the weirdest thing. My luthier just told me that when he loosened the strings to prepare for looking inside, all of a sudden it worked. The piezo was picking up a signal. Tightening the strings again leads to a cutting out of the signal. So it is definitely the connection to the Piezo, or something in the Piezo itself. Anyone ever heard of such a problem? Honestly, I'm really surprised. I'm not crazy about the support I've been getting from the company, which is pretty lousy, but the workmanship on the Godin is flawless inside and out...at least to my untrained eye.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlainJazz
    Here's an update. It's the weirdest thing. My luthier just told me that when he loosened the strings to prepare for looking inside, all of a sudden it worked. The piezo was picking up a signal. Tightening the strings again leads to a cutting out of the signal. So it is definitely the connection to the Piezo, or something in the Piezo itself. Anyone ever heard of such a problem? Honestly, I'm really surprised. I'm not crazy about the support I've been getting from the company, which is pretty lousy, but the workmanship on the Godin is flawless inside and out...at least to my untrained eye.
    Did he lift the saddle out to see if anything looked out of alignment or wrong?

User Info Menu

That is weird.

It's got to be something with the piezo element itself...perhaps a wire is getting crimped when the saddle is under greater pressure? Perhaps the wire is broken and magically jumped into place to make a connection when the saddle was under less pressure?

User Info Menu

Yeah, I don't know. He's going to look at it in more detail and let me know. I'll report back.

User Info Menu

On the positive side, this is what progress looks like.

Now you know it has something to do with pressure on the bridge.

If you can inspect the underside of the bridge it might help, although I'm trying to imagine a problem which is caused by more pressure... is the piezo a soft strip? Maybe it's folded or kinked?

Does pressing on the bridge when the guitar is tuned to pitch make any difference?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpjazzguitar
    On the positive side, this is what progress looks like.

Now you know it has something to do with pressure on the bridge.

If you can inspect the underside of the bridge it might help, although I'm trying to imagine a problem which is caused by more pressure... is the piezo a soft strip? Maybe it's folded or kinked?

Does pressing on the bridge when the guitar is tuned to pitch make any difference?
    Hi RP, thanks for all your help and suggestions on this. Yes, I hope it will be resolved soon. I actually need it for a rehearsal next week. We‘ll see. Anyways, I can’t inspect it myself because it’s still at the luthier‘s so i’m not sure yet what the problem is but he had just given me this update.

User Info Menu

I got the Godin back from my luthier today and it’s fixed. Sounds really great too. However, I have to say that I have never experienced such apathetic and simply bad customer service as with the Godin service contact. I’ll spare you all the details. Just suffice it to say that if you buy a Godin, you better hope you never need anything from them again.

At any rate, through a series of coincidences, I got in touch with one of the technicians at Godin (With no help from the customer support), and they told me that the problem I was having is a common problem that they’ve seen before. It is caused by changes in humidity or temperature. He provided a little video to give to my tech demonstrating how they fix the issue with no sound coming from the piezo. I can’t get the video to upload but basically, you need to tap (hard) the bridge as shown in these pictures.

Hey Alain,

I know this is an old thread. I am having similar problems with a grand concert duet ambiance and was wondering if your problem was completely solved or if it ever came back.

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Hi Zach,

Luckily yes. The problem went away for good. I still love the guitar.

Alain

I have had a very similar problem with two different Grand Concert Duets. The first time it happened, Godin sent brand new electronics that were installed at the store where I purchased the guitar. It worked like a dream for about a month. Then the same problem occurred. Finally Godin agreed to replace the guitar all together. The replacement unit arrived about 3.5 weeks ago, was even nicer than the original and sounded amazing.... until two nights ago when the SAME problem happened again. The only difference I can tell is all three times before the signal was lost all together the amplifier would make loud rythmic popping sounds. Once the problem sets in totally there is no feed whatsoever except some white noise when the volume control is slid up or down. I am at this point wondering whether or not this could have something to do with my apartments humidity vs the humidified case the guitar spends most of the day in. Or possibly some sort of electrical issue in my building. Anyway, does any of this sound similar to your problems?
    If so, is there anyway you could give me a more detailed description of the fix that eventually worked or maybe put me in touch with the luthier who worked on your Grand Concert.
    Thank you so much for your time Alain
    Best of luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zach ippolito
    I have had a very similar problem with two different Grand Concert Duets. The first time it happened, Godin sent brand new electronics that were installed at the store where I purchased the guitar. It worked like a dream for about a month. Then the same problem occurred. Finally Godin agreed to replace the guitar all together. The replacement unit arrived about 3.5 weeks ago, was even nicer than the original and sounded amazing.... until two nights ago when the SAME problem happened again. The only difference I can tell is all three times before the signal was lost all together the amplifier would make loud rythmic popping sounds. Once the problem sets in totally there is no feed whatsoever except some white noise when the volume control is slid up or down. I am at this point wondering whether or not this could have something to do with my apartments humidity vs the humidified case the guitar spends most of the day in. Or possibly some sort of electrical issue in my building. Anyway, does any of this sound similar to your problems?
    If so, is there anyway you could give me a more detailed description of the fix that eventually worked or maybe put me in touch with the luthier who worked on your Grand Concert.
    Thank you so much for your time Alain
    Best of luck
    I’m pretty sure it has to do with humidity and temperature changes. My problem occurred after a long flight where the cabin was cold. I brought it to my luthier here in Germany but I’m sure almost anyone could do it. I have a very short video of how it’s done too but can’t seem to upload it. If you PM me your email, I’ll send it to you.

User Info Menu

Hi Alain,

ordered yesterday the same guitar and filled with anticipation I was surfing a while for further informations or sound files. So I found your post here in the forum.

It's the first time, that I ordered a guitar without checking it out. There was no chance to test it without traveling. Hope it fits with my AER.

Looking forward to meet you soon,
    Tom

User Info Menu

Hi Tom, I am sure hat you will love it. The guitar is really outstanding. Through an AER it sounds great! I play it through a Schertler.