Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Posts 101 to 125 of 143

User Info Menu

Hi Peter,
    Good to see you on the board.
    I'm in Canada.
    We need more Quilters up here.
    I just got off the phone with Gearmusic in Oakville,Ontario.
    They're out of stock on the 101 Reverb at the moment,but will call me when one
    comes in and I can do the hour drive and test it out.
    It ticks all the boxes for me.
    I just need to play it.
    All the best.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by petermelton
    Where do you like your tremolo relative to reverb? Before or after? We are not tied to doing it one way or the other. We've just always done it that way and up until now no one has complained. It seems most people favor tremolo after reverb so that's why we did that.
    I like tremolo before the reverb, but if I preferred my trem post-reverb consider tremolo is just one of a hundred different effects. For the remaining effects--all of which are better pre-reverb--the effects loop is out of place.

User Info Menu

Could not resist any longer (my pc board crapped out again) Mini Reverb 101 is on its way.

User Info Menu

Great prices at ProAudioLand for the 101 mini reverb.....discount code.

User Info Menu

The title says it all. A 2x10 at 5 lbs is a no can do, 'cause the drivers weigh 3 lbs apiece at least. But you can have a 9 lbs 1x12" that sounds absolutely fine.

User Info Menu

My Mini 101 Reverb arrived. Played it through my Princeton. I like it. I like it more than my Princeton, it is clearer. I love having mid control. I love the gain and limiter, you can make it kind of like s Vox.

Negative, it only goes to 5. I can't really imagine playing with drums. Dilemma do I return, do I invest more and buy a 12 inch speaker which was my plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gggomez

Negative, it only goes to 5. I can't really imagine playing with drums. Dilemma do I return, do I invest more and buy a 12 inch speaker which was my plan?

You're Princeton speaker can't take the 50 watts?
    I'd get a nice cab with a higher wattage speaker.
    You could also get a higher wattage speaker for the Princeton.
    Last edited by Lef T; 06-28-2017 at 07:00 PM.

User Info Menu

eminence Legend, I think is 65watts. There is no noticeable volume increase from half way on the dial.

User Info Menu

You have the legend in your Princeton now?
    It is rated for 75 watts.
    That should be able to handle the Quilter.
    Maybe the Quilter at 50 watts is not that loud.

User Info Menu

Correct. Promoted as Quilter watt volume = Fender Watt volume. Not what I am experiencing. I would suggest divide Quilter watts by 20. Super Champ 600 with 6 inch speaker is louder.

User Info Menu

I'm not sure what you mean by it only goes to five.
    What happens when you set the dial to 50 watts and then slowly bring up the gain.
    That should be pretty loud.

User Info Menu

Yes the gain has a dramatic impact on volume. Master on 50 gain at halfway and limiter on 3 so that overall is clean is the volume of my Princeton on about 3. It may or may not get me there with drums and/or horns, that is the dilemma.

User Info Menu

Yes the gain has a dramatic impact on volume. Master on 50 gain at halfway and limiter on 3 so that overall is clean is the volume of my Princeton on about 3. It may or may not get me there with drums and/or horns, that is the dilemma.

User Info Menu

I understand now.
    Thanks.
    Sounds like 50 watts may not do it.
    I'm interested in trying the 101 R ,but by your accounts it wouldn't really work in a band setting.
    I thought it would be a pretty loud amp.
    Last edited by Lef T; 06-29-2017 at 08:37 AM.

User Info Menu

. It may or may not get me there with drums and/or horns, that is the dilemma.

Did you make any progress or did it get returned?

User Info Menu

Sounds odd, no problem with volume on mine - what guitar are you using?

User Info Menu

The tone, clarity and tone control are superior to my modded Princeton. Waiting for my speaker box to test volume with horns.

User Info Menu

If I run the gain on my 101mini up to about 6, I get the "edge of breakup" sound I want for some music, or a really aggressive jazz tone. If I back it off, it stays clean. The thing about the 101 is that I can engage a Suhr Dual Boost when the gain is set low, and it boosts the volume significantly, without pushing the amp into breakup like it would a tube amp. Try a clean boost out front.

User Info Menu

Man just bought the Quilter bag for the head, what a stitch up. Given how crap it is it should have been supplied with the head then fair enough.

One bit of foam for the bottom of the head that's it and it is not even stitched in just cut out and shoved in. Do not buy it. Thought this is supposed to be a premium product. Bag is priced at least 2 times what it is worth. They must be having a lend. I am sure I could get something custom made out of China 3 times the quality for half the price.

Vent over.

User Info Menu

Man just bought the Quilter bag for the head, what a stitch up. Given how crap it is
    That's good to know.
    How is the 101 Reverb working out ?
    I know you were having problems getting it to be loud enough.

User Info Menu

Man just bought the Quilter bag for the head, what a stitch up. Given how crap it is it should have been supplied with the head then fair enough.
    I agree it should come with the head(s), but I bought one and think it's just fine for the head. If the head was heavier, the bag would be a bit on the light side, but given the extremely light weight of the 101, I think it will hold up and protect for a long time.

If you want a bad bag, have a look at the Fender one for the Jazzmaster UL. Every zipper on mine is blown. I had an Acoustasonic UL as well, and the main zipper pull fell off in the space of a week on it. Even the Polytone bag for my Mini Brain head is far superior. It has lasted years, despite the lighter fabric.

User Info Menu

krusty how is life with your mini?

My speaker box arrives today tomorrow with a lil bud in it, will get to play with some horns on satdy.

User Info Menu

krusty how is life with your mini?

My speaker box arrives today tomorrow with a lil bud in it, will get to play with some horns on satdy.
    I've been spending a lot of time with mine. I still like it best on Full Q with a Strat, compressor, clean boost and a drive pedal, either a J Rockett Blue Note or a Klon KTR (compression off when using that one) as well as a reverb pedal. I'm using a 2x10 loaded with Eminence Ramrods. With my Eastman El Rey and no pedals other than reverb, I can induce feedback really easily. I find that if I set it to the Jazz voicing, I cut out some of the low mids that are troublesome. I have another 2x10 that I'm about to Tolex and outfit with Celestion Neo 10". They should be a little more friendly to easier jazz setup. They are not production speakers, but were engineering samples sent to Traynor for evaluation a few years ago. 10" Neo guitar speakers are a bit of a rare beast. I'm looking forward to hearing them.

I have been going back & forth between my 101 mini, my 2 Polytones, and my Fender Jazzmaster UL. To be completely honest, the others are easier to use than the 101 for jazz, but the 101 sounds far better when pushed hard with my Strats or my PRS SC245's humbuckers. I have my name on the wait list locally for when the OD200 becomes available here. I suspect with its more conventional tone controls that it will have me put my last tube amp up for sale.
    Last edited by krusty; 07-18-2017 at 06:11 PM.

User Info Menu

I am digging the Mini Reverb. I have paired it with a 10 inch Eminence Lil Bud (much prefered over the Eminence Legend, I now need to connect the Lil Bund to my Princeton to compare).

Compared to my Princeton even when I connected the Quilter to the Legend it is warmer, clearer and a tone that I enjoy more with my 175 (maybe not if I had a single coil). Also loving the additional mid and gain controls.

Volume wise it is just loud enough to play with horns in my opinion which I was able to do yesterday but we were not loud. The gain makes a big difference to volume and I have it half way up. It is still a clean sound on the neck pickup of my 175 but not on the bridge. I think it is where many would have it sit. Really warm sound.

User Info Menu

Volume wise it is just loud enough to play with horns in my opinion which I was able to do yesterday but we were not loud. The gain makes a big difference to volume and I have it half way up. It is still a clean sound on the neck pickup of my 175 but not on the bridge. I think it is where many would have it sit. Really warm sound.
    this is why I wish they had made it with the other higher power backend they have that also has a DI.