The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 69 of 69

User Info Menu

Well, to the more sophomoric of our circle here: Mr. Wu was the founding builder when Eastman first started, he moved on and was the founding builder when Yunzhi (well intended at the time) started selling direct minus the dealer network and overhead, saving the customer almost half, sometimes more. Now he works on his own, ask any of the well established guys here who have lots of guitars, many of them bought Mr. Wu built guitars because they could get something truly custom, oh and it happened to be at a reasonable price too. How about that ??

SO, all sort of racist jokes aside Mr. Wu kicks ass... Go back to Page 1 of this thread, have a look. I expect you thought you were being "cute" but really that kind of humor is so passe,

Big

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

My most recent Mr. Wu, I proposed this to him some time in 2015 and paid in April of 2016, got it late October - partly because I asked him to let it dry a very long time before shipping - and partly because he's quite busy. Byrdland spec body (17 x 2 1/4) fully carved top and back, Mrs. Wu did all the inlay work. It's got bronze round wounds on it, a real cannon considering the shallow depth. Probably going with a DeArmond 1100 on it.

Who is Mr. Wu?-15825853_10154329747842239_289166443688962662_n-jpgWho is Mr. Wu?-15873299_10154329747977239_7925367868401700179_n-jpgWho is Mr. Wu?-15826793_10154329747987239_7196862178725896338_n-jpgWho is Mr. Wu?-15823343_10154329747837239_868482019315706977_n-jpgWho is Mr. Wu?-15871606_10154329748052239_2872424687882448460_n-jpg
    Last edited by BigMikeinNJ; 01-06-2017 at 12:24 AM.

User Info Menu

A few more glam shots

Who is Mr. Wu?-img_1402-jpgWho is Mr. Wu?-img_1404-jpgWho is Mr. Wu?-img_1403-jpg

User Info Menu

​Big - That is just some amazing workmanship. The tailpiece alone is a mini-masterpiece!

User Info Menu

Mr. Wu? What an absolutely horrible guitar, as it came chopped into pieces like a puzzle that I had to assemble on this end. Other than that, it's the nicest acoustic I've ever owned

User Info Menu

Magnifique!

User Info Menu

I'd have ' liked ' that post, but somehow that just didn't seem to be enough.

Congrats Mike.

Actually the first thing that came to mind was I honestly hope that instrument always stays in your family !

Dennis

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    I honestly hope that instrument always stays in your family!
    Or mine...

User Info Menu

This guitar looks great and I've very much enjoyed following the story in both threads.

I have no problems about ordering a guitar from China. I have an Eastman from 2007 which is a great instrument and I can fault little with it, apart from the electrics, which I've upgraded. The only problem I had with it was the tailpiece breaking. After that they improved the design, and replaced it free of charge.

What I find very nice is the amount of photo's they sent of the build progressing. Is this a normal part of the deal? If so it seems like Ms.Lora really knows how to treat her customers.

Now thinking about the design of my instrument from Mr.Wu....an exciting prospect!

In signing out I'd second the response to the comments above regarding the George Formby connection. Insulting and racist. Mr Wu is a top notch craftsmen and I resent that sort of stupidity which has no place on a thread like this.

User Info Menu

We, as adult men, try to let lame stuff like that go.
    But as I said elsewhere yesterday in another thread, everything you do or say here spills over...

Take that to the bank

Big

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=2bornot2bop;727524]Mr. Wu? What an absolutely horrible guitar, as it came chopped into pieces like a puzzle that I had to assemble on this end. Other than that, it's the nicest acoustic I've ever owned /QUOTE]

What kind of Charlie Christian pickup is that? Lollar?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by timdaw
    In signing out I'd second the response to the comments above regarding the George Formby connection. Insulting and racist. Mr Wu is a top notch craftsmen and I resent that sort of stupidity which has no place on a thread like this.
    Could not agree with you more. Mr. Wu is not only a craftsman but an artist. As such he is very deserving of far more respect than the previous immature insulting and racist comments.

Hey people, grow up-it's 2017, not 1917. It would be great if society had matured more in the last 100 years!

User Info Menu

It would be great, if it had happened. It didn't.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Mr. Wu? What an absolutely horrible guitar, as it came chopped into pieces like a puzzle that I had to assemble on this end. Other than that, it's the nicest acoustic I've ever owned /QUOTE]

What kind of Charlie Christian pickup is that? Lollar?
    Nope, it's a Pete Biltoft Vintage Vibe...Pete is really well known around these parts.

User Info Menu

Hey 2B! I too have had to assemble pieces of my “2B ripoff design” Wu guitar. It’s been over a month now, doing a fret job, finding support bracket for the pickguard, etc. These are all minor, if tedious. Only thing that still irks me is the complete lack of the inlays, despite much correspondence with Lora... But like you say, it’s a beautiful guitar. Still haven't gotten it set up to play though...but at 18 x 4 inch, ladder brace, should make quite a racket!
    patience...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Nope, it's a Pete Biltoft Vintage Vibe...Pete is really well known around these parts.
    Thanks. One to bookmark for the future.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mauibob
    Hey 2B! I too have had to assemble pieces of my “2B ripoff design” Wu guitar. It’s been over a month now, doing a fret job, finding support bracket for the pickguard, etc. These are all minor, if tedious. Only thing that still irks me is the complete lack of the inlays, despite much correspondence with Lora... But like you say, it’s a beautiful guitar. Still haven't gotten it set up to play though...but at 18 x 4 inch, ladder brace, should make quite a racket!
    patience...
    Howdy Mauibob! I didn't get my guitar fully finished until 10 or so months after it arrived. I was simmering over which pickup to install. I initially planned on a DeArmond 1100 remake, but while simmering, thanks to several other forum members I fell in love with the Biltoft VV. So no rush, and remember simmering is a good thing...just ask BigMike!

Be sure to post pics when you're done. All the best!

User Info Menu

Well Dang! Just when I’d wired up Joev’s KA Jazzer pu kit, now I have to redo with a CC floater to keep my 2B ripoff pure! You’re a hard act to follow!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mauibob
    Well Dang! Just when I’d wired up Joev’s KA Jazzer pu kit, now I have to redo with a CC floater to keep my 2B ripoff pure! You’re a hard act to follow!
    Wassup MauiWowieBob?

IIRC, Pete actually lives near Kona? I believe has distribution is in Florida?

Anyway, hope you're gettin' prepared for a traditional Island style holiday season. There's nuthin' like spending the holidays in Hawaii!