The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 20 of 20

User Info Menu

Here's some pics of my new S 400 thinline.
    I have no idea why these pics are all sideways. If anyone can tell how to fix it I can post some more.
    In any case, tilt a little.
    Thanks to Jab, incidentally, for talking me out of a stupid purchase and indirectly directing me to this one.
    It's fun to play. No complaints.
    Chris
    Gibson Super 400 thinline natural-20151128_122244-jpgGibson Super 400 thinline natural-20151128_122316-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That's awesome!

User Info Menu

Its a beauty!
    Enjoy it, and as always, in good health!

Ted

User Info Menu

Oh boy..
    you hit the jackpot. That is gorgeous. Creme da la creme.. Gibson Super 400. Wow. Forget the rotated pictures, I want to know how it plays! And how it feels to actually own one.
    JD

User Info Menu

A friend of mine has one just like it but with three 57s. IMO, two is enough. In any event he loves it. His recordings sound fabulous.

Congrats.

User Info Menu

one of these?

damn, that's some guitar.

User Info Menu

Love it! I was looking a that one too--thanks for saving me

User Info Menu

What a Super guitar! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Wow....Congrats !!! Was she made recently ?

User Info Menu

Yes, it's really fun to play. Almost effortless.
    I find the neck a little thin at the nut but I'm used to (and have a preference for) baseball bats.
    I think the '57 Classics are fine but I have no idea why Gibson uses them almost uniformly.
    Otherwise, the relative depth makes it easier to play than a 3" wide body, although I'm over 6 feet and so that's not a problem. I have an 18" non cutaway Campellone and have never had 'frozen arm' syndrome.
    I'll see if I can shoot a vid of a tune or two and post it. Not sure if the sound will come through accurately, but it might be nice just to see it in action.

User Info Menu

What a gorgeous specimen! Congratulations!!!

User Info Menu

If you're usung windows just hit the rotate button in Windows photo viewer, it will rotate it right (or left) and keep the resulting image rotated. If you use Linux or a Mac, I rotated them for you.

Gibson Super 400 thinline natural-s400-jpgGibson Super 400 thinline natural-s4001-jpg

User Info Menu

PS, beautiful guitar. Hows she play and sound?

User Info Menu

Yo, baby, yo, baby, YO! Dat's the Sheeetzzz!!! Lovely against the maple flooring, too.

It does not look that thin. 2.5" rim depth? The proportions are about just right.

Play her in good health.

User Info Menu

Wow! Great guitar. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Wow, that looks awesome. I bet it sounds as nice as it looks and is much more comfortable to play than a full size S400. I doubt that one looses much, if any, sound given the Gibson strategy to carve the tops thick for best electric tone. But maybe a more knowledgeable person wants to comment on thinline vs full depth S400 tone?

User Info Menu

Oh forgot: congratulations - you scored what is certainly a fantastic guitar. Enjoy it in good health for a long time to come!

User Info Menu

Beautiful, and congratulations!

"It's fun to play. No complaints..." he says. Nicely understated.

I'm curious, is she heavy?

User Info Menu

Just over eight pounds, rabbit.
    Jabber: it is 2.5'' - Much thicker than a typical thinline.

User Info Menu

teleman3726,

Thank you for the quick reply.

She's just heavy enough to aggravate my shoulder & thus dampen my
    lust (& jealousy) to mere tolerably painful levels.

Enjoy that guitar!