The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

I hate all music stands, have about six different kinds, ranging from super light to heavy. The all have their disadvantages and advantages. I take the sturdy ones mainly to gigs which last more than one night or if i need the extra sturdiness, the light ones when i need to wheel my gear through "no car allowed" zones but i'm happy about every gig where i do not need one, which happens more and more often.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Earlier in this thread (reply #2) I detailed my love/hate relationship with my Peterson Folding Music Stand. I've noticed recently that the legs seem more wobbly than usual. Looking closely I saw that the plastic parts that hold the legs in place were cracked. I wrote Peterson and a week later they wrote that they'd send a replacement main tube, which arrived in three more days, along with a second main tube, an extra leg and a music shelf. The new tubes are the latest design, with a locking extension tube.

Considering that I bought this stand sixteen years ago for $40 shipped from a retailer, used it on stage thousands of times, and that they have sent me extra rubber tips, an extra set of legs and now this, I think I've gotten my money's worth. Great customer service!

Danny W.

User Info Menu

I love my various Hercules stands. K&M stands look pretty good too.

User Info Menu

This is the one I use. Full disclosure--I played lead trombone in a local big band. I had to haul my 'bone, bag o mutes, a thick tune portfolio, and a music stand. This one folds mostly flat, compactly into roughly briefcase size. It will adjust lower than a Manhasset, and has a comfortable carrying handle. It's pricey, but worth it.

Amazon.com: Wenger Gig Stand: Musical Instruments

User Info Menu

I just bought one of these.

Amazon.com: Manhasset 1650 Model #1650 Fourscore Folder, Music Stand Accessory: Musical Instruments

You put it on the shelf of your stand and it folds out big enough for 4 pages. There's a kind of strap on the back so it can't fall off the stand.

I'll probably use it with a Musician's Gear folding black stand which has a kind of narrow desk. That's because that's my lightest weight stand that isn't completely flimsy.