The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

Update 2015 Ibanez Rosewood Artcore Expressionist Super 58s??-af95rw_nt_12_01-png
    Spec

neck type Expressionist 3pc Mahogany/Maple set-in neck
    body Rosewood top/back/sides
    fretboard Bound Rosewood fretboard w/Acrylic block inlay
    fret Medium frets
    number of frets 20 frets
    bridge ART-W bridge
    tailpiece VT06 tailpiece
    neck pickup Super 58 (H) neck pickup (Passive/Alnico)
    bridge pickup Super 58 (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Alnico)
    string Roundwound strings
    hardware color Gold

Again, Ibanez confuse me with their spec on the web - Super 58 v. Super 58 Custom

Hollow Bodies Artcore Expressionist - AF95RW Artcore Expressionist | Ibanez guitars

I have inquired of Sweetwater, so they confirmed me with the following message.

"Hello Angus,

Thanks for contacting Sweetwater. I’m your personal sales engineer here. Sorry about the typo on our web page regarding the pickups. They are in fact the Super 58s and not the Customs.

Also, please give me a call. I would love to get the chance to talk with you and find out how your music is going these days and if there is anything I can do to earn your business. FYI, I’ve been performing, running live sound and recording for 2 decades myself, so I’m confident I can help you find the right solutions for your gear needs.

Regards,

Jesse West
    Sales Engineer, Sweetwater Sound, Inc."

################################################## ########################
    Update 2015 Ibanez Rosewood Artcore Expressionist Super 58s??-af75tdg_iv_12_04-png

I just double check the spec of AF75TDG on US and Japanese website that really surprise me.

On US website, it states that AF75TDG have the Classic Elite Pup installed. On the other hand, Ibanez ACH1 have been shown on JP website.

Hollow Bodies Artcore - AF75TDG | Ibanez guitars
    Hollow Bodies - Artcore - AF75TDG | Ibanez guitars

Then, I check the entire series of ARTSTAR Prestige, ARTSTAR, Artcore Expressionist and Artcore. "Super 58 custom" no longer appear on the US site whereas LGB300, LGB30, PM2, AF200, SS300, AF255BM, AF155, AFJ95, AFJ91... (Expect PM200) are now with "Super 58 (H) neck pickup (Passive/Alnico)"

I would suspect the followings:

A) They have upgraded the pickups to Super 58 from MIC Super 58 custom. (Good news)
    B) They have moved their Super 58 pickup manufacture to China or Asia, so there is no distinction between "custom" or not.
    C) Deceptive advertising or wrong information. (Bad news, we should ask them to correct it)
    D) I must worry too much, I shouldn't be serious about their pickup name.

To me, the most imporatnt thing is whether it is Alnico 2(Orginal Super 58) or Alnico V( Super 58 custom)

This confusion keeps making me mad.......
    Last edited by Falling_leaves; 02-24-2015 at 06:41 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very cool. Really digging Ibanez's offerings lately.

User Info Menu

What's to be confused about ?? I just looked at a bunch of them for sale on eBay all going for roughly $649.00.
    thats a decent price for such a looker, do you think Ibanez would put a set of $300.00 alnico II Super 58s in it ?? No. But still at that price the S58 Custom is a pretty nice deal. And Ibanez has dropped their pricing a tad on these nice models to fit into a niche.

Buddy of mine from ICW just figured out how to order parts direct, I think the 58 Customs set him back $49.00 each in gold, so he could put his AS103 back to stock.

At $649.00 a fella could buy that guitar and if he really bonds with it swap in something better later. I've owned 4 AS103s, three of them stock with S58 Cystoms, they're decent. My most recent one had already been upgraded with Gibson Classic 57s in her and there's a huge improvement from the 58 Customs, the Classic 57s are quite close to what the original alnico II Super 58s sound like. A set of Duncan Seth a Lover 4 wires would set you back about $230.00, $210.00 for a set of the 2 wire version, also a fantastic alternative. Any of those would really make that expressionist a true keeper. Woof and honk.
    Last edited by BigMikeinNJ; 02-23-2015 at 10:21 AM.

User Info Menu

She's fetching, alright.

User Info Menu

I think this might be my favorite looking Ibanez archtop out there right now.

User Info Menu

this is one of the better looking ibanez offerings simply because they passed on the inlays, pickguards, tail pieces and abalone that they generally use. addition by subtraction.

User Info Menu

I really like the abalone details in the inlays of my am153. I could maybe go for a plain pick guard but the other details I like.

Update 2015 Ibanez Rosewood Artcore Expressionist Super 58s??-am153_all-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drbhrb
    I really like the abalone details in the inlays of my am153. I could maybe go for a plain pick guard but the other details I like.

Update 2015 Ibanez Rosewood Artcore Expressionist Super 58s??-am153_all-jpg
    thats a nice bit of timber there !

User Info Menu

That is a very good looking guitar. What should someone expect from the rosewood tone wise? Or, does the laminated aspect nullify that? I happen to be in the market for something new and I have been wanting to try an Ibanez.

I would like to heard the difference between the custom and original Super 58.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by miken
    That is a very good looking guitar. What should someone expect from the rosewood tone wise? Or, does the laminated aspect nullify that? I happen to be in the market for something new and I have been wanting to try an Ibanez.
    A little more info and opinions in this post.

User Info Menu

That is pretty. I really need to get out to demo one of these.

I wasn't aware that you have already create a post for this. Thanks for your information too.

Not sure how reliable information is this:

"For 2015, Ibanez releases three Artstar models with solid tops for the more ambitious player, Super 58 humbuckers and high-end hardware. But also the lower-prized Artcore guitars feature figured woods and beautiful finishes"

From gearcouch
    NAMM 2015 ? Ibanez Semi-Hollow Guitars for 2015 | gearcouch

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Falling_leaves
    Not sure how reliable information is this:

"For 2015, Ibanez releases three Artstar models with solid tops for the more ambitious player, Super 58 humbuckers and high-end hardware. But also the lower-prized Artcore guitars feature figured woods and beautiful finishes"

From gearcouch
    NAMM 2015 ? Ibanez Semi-Hollow Guitars for 2015 | gearcouch
    Thanks for the chime ;-)

Not sure either, Ibanez has been pretty confusing lately. The SS300 and SJ300 are available here in Japan since two years ago.
    And i really don't know about the Super58's ...

It will be an exciting news if they are 58s, not custom. :O

Update 2015 Ibanez Rosewood Artcore Expressionist Super 58s??-ibanez_af95rw_nt_2015_artcore_expressionist_natural_electric_guitar_2_-jpgUpdate 2015 Ibanez Rosewood Artcore Expressionist Super 58s??-ibanez_af95rw_nt_2015_artcore_expressionist_natural_electric_guitar_7_-jpg

As someone indicate that, there is no engraving on those pickups. This only happen on the original Super 58.

Update 2015 Ibanez Rosewood Artcore Expressionist Super 58s??-002-jpg

This is the photo of LGB30(Old Model), there are engraving on both pickup. It marks with "S58-N" and "S58-B" to distinguish the MIC custom version from the Japanese made Super 58.

Another reply from Guitar Center.

"Dear Angus,

From what I can see on our site, and on Ibanez, it is just the Super 58, not the custom. Let us know if you need anything else!

We appreciate you choosing GuitarCenter.com. If you should have any questions, concerns or you're not 100% satisfied, please feel free to reach out to your Guitar Center sales representative or your preferred Guitar Center retail location.

We can’t thank you enough for choosing Guitar Center!

Sincerely,
    Eli Freebairn"