The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebol
    A singer songwriter posted an ad so I'm working on his music. It's good when people post their music and it's minimalist.
    Indie seems to be strong in Vegas.

I'll learn these 8 songs and try to come up with ideas then answer the ad. Hopefully others are doing what he's doing.
    Tomorrow's set's mostly Bacharach - but on Monday night (9pm to midnight) it's Soul time! Very excited.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docbop
    I absolutely love the Peggy Lee recording of this beautiful song, but Jimmy Scott... just, "Wow!"

User Info Menu

Here is the Oster Welker Alliance. They play a lot of standards and have a singer that I like who can scat as well. He starts scatting around 4:17.

User Info Menu

This is just a wonderful performance by Chet Baker. He wasn't a perfect singer, but his voice was so evocative--sweet yet sad at the same time. And very tasteful flugelhorn work.

(He had already lost a tooth or two, a couple of years before his infamous beating in Sausalito--lack of fluoride and good dental care, I guess.)

I think the mark of a great singer, is that once you've heard their version, you can't think of the song being sung any other way. I would put many of Chet's performances up there--Let's Get Lost, My Funny Valentine, and several more.