Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread

I'm trying something completely new

Hey Guys!
    Technically I'm wrong in the Composition-Section, since I didn't write the Song, but I still thought it fit here best.
    I'm experimenting with somthing completely new (at least for me) on this Arrangement for my Band and would appreciate any kind of Feedback.

What I had in mind:
    I really like the idea behing Electro-Swing, in the sense of taking something old and mixing it up with new grooves. I also like the fact, that there is a whole different audience to this Genre.

So my Idea was to take that idea even one step further by applying these electronic Grooves and taking them back to a traditional swing Band that imitates these new Sounds in a purely acoustic manner. Does that make sense?
    Our working title for that is "analogue-electro-Swing"
    I don't know if anybody ever tried that before, but I find it really enjoyable writing and playing this stuff.
    I really dig all the old guys and their playing, but I always felt like just reproducing something, and finally I think I'm on the path to creating something new.

Anyway

Would love to hear what you guys think of it.

Paul

Dig the sound & feel. Further exploration would be fruitful, I think.
    Best regards, k

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74 View Post
    Dig the sound & feel. Further exploration would be fruitful, I think.
    Thank you!

I'll sure be posting any new developments on here!

Paul

I dig it ... some of it has a bit of a Tom Waits‘y feel to me (which I like a lot) ... but it does sound fresh and it grooves - keep us posted!

It sounds good, I'm hearing other groups on youtube doing this acoustic treatment of electro-swing and appling it to some pop tunes.

I thought that was a very cool tune. I don't know much about electro-swing, but I have played with guys who were very much into bringing EDM type grooves into jazz, and had a good deal of fun with that.

I think it's a promising area. I'd say go with it.
    "You [bikers] always talk about 'non-conformity,' but you all dress alike and ride the same bikes. You wanna impress me with your non-conformity? Ride a pink Vespa to Sturgis." --Some guy on bikerornot.com

I like this a lot. Is it safe to assume you play dance venues?

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed