Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread

Just ordered the Robert Conti comping dvd-am excited to get going with it

I just ordered this dvd today and am anxious to get it and get some new ideas...I have been playing guitar for over 55 years now but still dont feel I always play interesting backup for the standards,and hope this will give me new ideas. During those 55 years I have been all over the map from rock and roll, country, flatpick bluegrass tunes, Chet/Merle style, but chord melody mostly, but now want to concentrate on doing better backup. CM productions was having a sale on his material...this will be my first purchase of any of his material. Looking forward to getting started on it !

Quote Originally Posted by pcpicker47 View Post
    I just ordered this dvd today and am anxious to get it and get some new ideas...I have been playing guitar for over 55 years now but still dont feel I always play interesting backup for the standards,and hope this will give me new ideas. During those 55 years I have been all over the map from rock and roll, country, flatpick bluegrass tunes, Chet/Merle style, but chord melody mostly, but now want to concentrate on doing better backup. CM productions was having a sale on his material...this will be my first purchase of any of his material. Looking forward to getting started on it !
    I've been working through this dvd (on and off) for the past year. I really like it. I've learned a bunch of new grips and some interesting chord substitutions and phrases. Good luck!
    "Your biggest discoveries come by playing" - Robert Conti

Quote Originally Posted by losaltosjoe View Post
    I've been working through this dvd (on and off) for the past year. I really like it. I've learned a bunch of new grips and some interesting chord substitutions and phrases. Good luck!
    I have it too but haven't done much work in it yet. Going over the TTI solos these days. "Comping Expo" is one I plan to devote much time to in the coming year.
    "You may play your way into a different way of thinking, but you cannot think your way into a different way of playing." Terry Holmes, via Herb Ellis

I have it too, but it didn't click with me. Time to give it a second look.

He gets you up and running right away . . . lots to like in that book -- curious to know what you think if it once you've had a chance to get into it.
    "Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." (Arthur Ashe)

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed