Nowhere = Out of Nowhere
    Dream = You Stepped Out of a Dream
    S-Miles = Nardis
    Tan-gee = Tangerine
    Sole = Body & Soul
    Like Someone = Like Someone in Love
    Thanks!

User Info Menu

Another resource I really like is Fareed Haque's 'Jazz Comping Survival Guide' from Truefire. It's video. I have it on the ipad but I imagine it's available for other formats as well. Again introductory but contains a wealth of information. And I really like his presentation. Deliberate, unostentatious and informative.

A real plus is that my wife likes the sound of his voice so I can watch it without her harrumphing about 'the guitar'

User Info Menu

I could never bring myself to press the buy button on any of Truefire 's comping lessons. The Frank Vignola one looked like a complete joke, and I wasn't completely impressed by the Fareed Haque excerpts. I did end up buying Larry Koonse' s blues comping video from mymusicmasterclass which I think is great.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by m_d
    I could never bring myself to press the buy button on any of Truefire 's comping lessons. The Frank Vignola one looked like a complete joke, and I wasn't completely impressed by the Fareed Haque excerpts. I did end up buying Larry Koonse' s blues comping video from mymusicmasterclass which I think is great.
    The mymusicmasterclass videos are generally very good in terms of both production and content. I haven't checked out Bruce Forman's contributions but the Larry Koonse, Peter Bernstein, Mike Moreno and Vic Juris comping videos are all excellent.
    Last edited by PMB; 01-26-2017 at 05:07 PM.