The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

I would be glad, if anyone has the transcription of And I Love Her played by Pat Metheny. I lost it, when my hard-drive crashed :-(!!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Don't blame you. His rendition is beautiful.

User Info Menu

Thats true!!! I have played through Ted Greenes Version but i like Pats version more. A year or so ago i have found a good transcription in an Acoustic Guitar Magazine. Maybe i am going to transcribe it by myself. Or if i am to lazy i will purchase it and wait weeks for it to arrive :-)

Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Not for nothing, but most players should aspire to play this tune by ear. It is not difficult to play technically. Not criticizing, but rather just encouraging ear development.

User Info Menu

Right, but he's looking for this specific arrangement.

User Info Menu

I can write up this arrangement tonight at home, but really it should be well within the grasp of most players. Not very challenging, and this is the kind of tune one should learn to develop by ear.

I have thought seriously of offering paid transcription services for songs like this. If anyone thinks there is a "need" for such a service, voice that here. Not that I am mercenary, but I am tiring of medicine as a profession that is being yoked by the Feds and State governments like asses to pull the cart for free. Might as well get paid for doing something you love and where the government keeps its nose and its rapacious hands out of your business.

Jay

User Info Menu

Looks like JazzManiac just undercut you

User Info Menu

By the way, the transcriptions for the whole album are available as well.

User Info Menu

Beautifully done by PM

User Info Menu

hey gearhead, where can you find the transcriptions for the whole album?.....

User Info Menu

Recovering from a stroke so not at my best but I thought I'd have a go at this but trying to play first 2 bars ... how does he keep his thumb in that position while doing the other stuff - I find it really difficult. Is there a technique?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by futurenets
    Recovering from a stroke so not at my best but I thought I'd have a go at this but trying to play first 2 bars ... how does he keep his thumb in that position while doing the other stuff - I find it really difficult. Is there a technique?
    No man I think its just a matter of repetition until one gets it.

Awesome playing by PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks Jazz Maniac. I played through this arrangement last night. As someone else said beautiful arrangement. The thumb is the way to go but remember the guitar Pat Metheny is playing doesn't have a typical wide flat fretboard. I can use the thumb fairly easy on my Yamaha NTX which has a more electric styled neck but it is more of a challenge on my traditional wide necked classical.

User Info Menu

Boy those are some long fingernails.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by edh
    Boy those are some long fingernails.
    Artificial.

Quote Originally Posted by artcore
    hey gearhead, where can you find the transcriptions for the whole album?.....
    Go to the source.

Pat Metheny Songbooks | Pat Metheny - What's It All About Songbook | Shop the Pat Metheny Official Store

User Info Menu

This is my personal transcription of this lovely version by Pat Metheny. I think it is very close to the original (the transcription, not the performance)

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

These are truly a gift to others. I hope many appreciate the gift you gave. I’m just starting out but it’s a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Radons
    This is my personal transcription of this lovely version by Pat Metheny. I think it is very close to the original (the transcription, not the performance)