Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293
Results 2,761 to 2,783 of 2783
    Right now I'm listening to Peter Bernstein at Mezzrow he's in Todd Coolman's group.
    No, I'm not going to give you the answer to your question. I don't want to deny you the pleasure you'll receive when you figure it out yourself. -- Bill Evans talking to his brother.

Rats, forgot about the Mezzrow stream! I was listening to a Smalls archive stream recording of Lage Lund...

Interplay. Love that intro/outro line...

Jim's solo isn't too bad either...

yeah man...jim hall playing some walking bass type lines before his solo...great band

cheers

Strolling with Percy Heath is walking in style...

Pre-gig mood music
    "Each heart vibrates to that iron string."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
    (who obviously played in Carl Kress tuning)

Quote Originally Posted by destinytot View Post
    Pre-gig mood music

Those are the gigs that you look in the back the guitarist Twin Reverb and see a revolver stuck to the speaker magnet. Protection for getting from club to the car.
    No, I'm not going to give you the answer to your question. I don't want to deny you the pleasure you'll receive when you figure it out yourself. -- Bill Evans talking to his brother.

I can't get enough of this;
    Wait till about :55 in...

I'm on a Dennis Edwards kick;

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebol View Post
    I'm on a Dennis Edwards kick;

Rick James is hilarious - all about fun. Love it.
    "Each heart vibrates to that iron string."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
    (who obviously played in Carl Kress tuning)

Five Years Later (Ralph Towner & John Abercrombie)

-----------------------------------

"The instrument keeps me humble. Sometimes I pick it up and it seems to say, "No, you can't play today." I keep at it anyway, though."

"I've been to hear friends at places that were so noisy I actually got angry. The owners seem more interested in selling drinks than in presenting the music well."

Jim Hall

nice^ ...rip john abercrombie...& towners way under the radar...started with paul winter consort, straight thru his long run with oregon and his long relationship with ecm records...always pushing, always interesting

here he is "guesting" with early weather report..on a wayne shorter tune

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by medblues View Post
    I saw these guys on one of their few tours together. Really wonderful synergy and balance they had. So different yet so complementary.

I love Ralph Towner... What an original....

That Moors tune is great - I don't know much Weather Report to be honest, but I tend to go more for the earlier stuff.... More the Miles Davis concept of jazz-rock...

Quote Originally Posted by docbop View Post
    Siedah Garrett was a member of the church I used to work at, cool singer and great songwriter. Siedah wrote Michael Jackson's hit Man in the Mirror. She put up a video I think about six months after MJ passed and his music was being played constantly globally especially the song Man In the Mirror, in Siedah's video she show her royalty check from Spotify, for one dollar. Write one of the biggest songs by one of the biggest artists who just passed and her royalty is one dollar. That why I hate Spotify they screw artists, songwriters, and musicians.
    Was that in LA?
    I was just a club musician. I liked to filter out a lot of things. I thought R&B drifted away in San Diego in the late 80's but maybe that's not the case. It's probably the only place in the US with an R&B scene.
    Last edited by Stevebol; 11-21-2017 at 01:15 AM.

Adam Rogers playing straight blues with John Paticucci (5-string bass guitar)

First piece blues then interview with Paticucci and then a fusion piece. Good views of Rogers' right hand pick and hybrid playing.

"The instrument keeps me humble. Sometimes I pick it up and it seems to say, "No, you can't play today." I keep at it anyway, though."

"I've been to hear friends at places that were so noisy I actually got angry. The owners seem more interested in selling drinks than in presenting the music well."

Jim Hall

coffee, best of guitar, bass AND piano improv

Jim Hall

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77 View Post
    That Moors tune is great - I don't know much Weather Report to be honest, but I tend to go more for the earlier stuff.... More the Miles Davis concept of jazz-rock...
    the first four studio recorded (they had a live in japan release) weather report albums are very experimental..founding member bassist miroslav vitous was classically inspired...shorter and zawinul both fresh from miles...lots of ground breaking stuff...when vitous left they got alphonso johnson and then jaco..that changed the band to a much more rhythm based outfit..also zawinul took more sole control...and was more pop friendly

mysterious traveller being my fave from them..vitous still aboard, but with some great additional funk lines from alphonso johnson on fretless

miroslav vitous is one of my fave bassists ever...plays upright with delicious arco, as well as electric bass..

cheers

ps- as per early weather report

with the late great alphonse mouzon on drums

cheers

One of Bob's projects beside Snarky Puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic View Post
    ps- as per early weather report

with the late great alphonse mouzon on drums

cheers
    You gotta love Mirislav Vitous hanging a precision bass around his neck like a sax. A year earlier, he'd probably never touched an electric bass before, being a European conservatory trained string bassist.

Wilco. I think Doc Jeff first posted this. Nels Cline taking the solo here;

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed