The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 60 of 60
    Quote Originally Posted by destinytot
    I think your Slaman is stunningly beautiful, 55bar.
    Yes it's very nice, I had to let go of two guitars to justify it, I only own a few an all are used for work purposes, they all get played frequently.

I was/am very tempted by the Gibson though even for an tiny investment.

Although there are possibly people here who would be interested if I don't buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Ps when I said "let it go" it didn't mean the Slaman, I mean let the Gibson pass by.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 55bar
    You think I should let it go? He also has an Evans RE300 £800 do you know anything about these DT?

They sound really nice looking online...

The Evans amps are superb - I only got rid of my RE200 because I want portability. The tube-like 'sparkle' is fantastic. I'd look no further - and I'd add an extension cab. (At one point, I was running a line from the Evans to a Polytone.) I have a video to demo the amp on my PC - I'll pm it to you.

That would be amazing, I have an old baby brute? Tiny brute? With 8" speaker it sound amazing. If I bought the Evans I'd sell it, as I think I could possibly use the Evans with my solid body guitars too?

User Info Menu

Ps when I said "let it go" it didn't mean the Slaman, I mean let the Gibson pass by.
    I got that. Trusting that luthier Stefan Sonntag was easy when I tried what he'd made for Trefor Owen (and especially when compared alongside with the acoustic bark of my Gibson ).

User Info Menu

That would be amazing, I have an old baby brute? Tiny brute? With 8" speaker it sound amazing. If I bought the Evans I'd sell it, as I think I could possibly use the Evans with my solid body guitars too?
    I have one of those (I think), but I would never sell it (for sentimental reasons - Sean Levitt used it). I use my Tele Squier through it at home.

I gather the Evans 300 amps are also good for vocals.

But it would be remiss of me not to mention again the best 'jazz' guitar sound I've ever heard - simple plug 'n' play. Vicente's tube amps are astonishing. Fender 68 Princeton Reissue versus Fender George Benson
    Last edited by destinytot; 08-25-2017 at 06:57 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by destinytot
    I have a video to demo the amp on my PC - I'll pm it to you.
    I'm embarrassed to say that I must have deleted the video - sorry.

The main thing was the 'buff' control - just marvellous.

No worries DT I'll check it out next week. Would you say £800 was a fair price?

User Info Menu

Would you say £800 was a fair price?
    Yes, I would. And I'd buy that amp without hesitation.

Here's a quick blast through Down that Drain, most of the ideas I've learned from Barry Green, I'm just a hack when it comes to jazz but thought you may like to hear it.