Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uploading here?

Hatfield, PA. Have also lived in Riverdale, NY, Brooklyn, NY, The Hague, Netherlandd

Uploading here?

Could someone please tell me why wav or mp3 files do not seem to be able to upload here? (I don't have links to some of them, so that's the only way).

Thank you,

Joel
    Charlie Christian got me in a world of trouble

---Me

You can create a Youtube or similar account upload there and then link to here. You can set the Youtube to be restricted so whole world doesn't see it, that is what I do with my guitar teacher. This site has only had uploads of graphics files as long as I can remember.
    No, I'm not going to give you the answer to your question. I don't want to deny you the pleasure you'll receive when you figure it out yourself. -- Bill Evans talking to his brother.

Hatfield, PA. Have also lived in Riverdale, NY, Brooklyn, NY, The Hague, Netherlandd
    Sorry, I don't have the patience for that. But thanks.

Right now I'm so damn frustrated I'd love to throw my computer in the nearest lake----and the digital world right along with it. I truly hate this stuff and the time I have to waste on it. But I'm just in a mood now, b/c I also tried to upload 2 events to Jazz Near You. One worked, but the other doesn't appear----BUT when I tried to repost it said 'event already posted'. Then I had to forward several pages to the date via a sloooow connection. Never found it. ARRRRGH!!

Did I mention that this stuff drives me bananas? Gonna watch Dumb and Dumber now---to recover (and identify)...

---Me

I successfully uploaded an mp3 my friend emailed me. Yay, team Fass!!

Thanks for the suggestion, though, and sorry about venting before. I'm 63 and not of this digital age...

---Me

Fass, it's really easy to start an account with an audio or video sharing site like Soundcloud or Youtube. That's why they're common around here. You just upload and fill in info like genre, etc..
    We could walk you through it if you have issues.

Thanks. Think I'll pass. They (youtube) don't have a good track record w/me. I have a tune up there for 9 years---got almost 900 hits---no scratch. Finally a young man I met here told me I could 'monetize' the vid----put ads up there and make at least a LITTLE something. I did, and they pulled the ads out w/o asking me. I wrote a note and no one ever got back to me. Other issues too, w/them.

Again, thanks, but I'm plain not interested...

---Me

Quote Originally Posted by fasstrack View Post
    Thanks. Think I'll pass. They (youtube) don't have a good track record w/me. I have a tune up there for 9 years---got almost 900 hits---no scratch. Finally a young man I met here told me I could 'monetize' the vid----put ads up there and make at least a LITTLE something. I did, and they pulled the ads out w/o asking me. I wrote a note and no one ever got back to me. Other issues too, w/them.

Again, thanks, but I'm plain not interested...
    By 'account' I mean just signing up. Soundcloud is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebol View Post
    By 'account' I mean just signing up. Soundcloud is easy.
    I think I'm on Soundcloud. Problem is, I need to get paid. I spent a lot of time and $ getting my CD right, and now it's time to recoup the losses and start turning a profit. These people just suck off your hard work, luring you in with promises of 'exposure'. Exposure is for sexual deviants. I need money to live...

---Me

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed