Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread

Trouble posting from Android phone

I have not been able to reply to posts from my Android phone. I click the reply button, and the message composing box does not pop up. I've tried this in Chrome, Samsung's native browser, and Adblock browser; all have the same issue. Tapatalk works, but I don't like it, especially since it now has ads.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

John

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Posting wasn't working for me earlier today on my laptop. Lately the forum has been very slow in general, taking ages to load a search. But posting is working now, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by John A. View Post
    I have not been able to reply to posts from my Android phone. I click the reply button, and the message composing box does not pop up. I've tried this in Chrome, Samsung's native browser, and Adblock browser; all have the same issue. Tapatalk works, but I don't like it, especially since it now has ads.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

John

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    Couldn't deal without using Tapatalk. You're a patient man.

I've actually thought of paying Tapatalk's extortion fee to do away with the stupid ads. It would be one thing if they weren't so horrible.

The forum software doesn't seem to deal with this gracefully on an Android. I just tried it in Chrome, and it works, but it's not intuitive. Tap and hold the reply button, and choose "open link in a new tab". It opens a new tab but immediately closes it. If you don't watch closely, you won't know it's there. Then tap on the number at the top, right of the address bar, which shows all open tabs. Select the tab with the reply, and then you can add text to the reply box.

I can reply on an Android tablet. If your phone screen is hi-res then it should work.
    Tap on 'Full site' at the bottom of the screen. It doesn't always work first time, but it shows the site as it would appear on a PC, complete with reply box.

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell View Post
    The forum software doesn't seem to deal with this gracefully on an Android. I just tried it in Chrome, and it works, but it's not intuitive. Tap and hold the reply button, and choose "open link in a new tab". It opens a new tab but immediately closes it. If you don't watch closely, you won't know it's there. Then tap on the number at the top, right of the address bar, which shows all open tabs. Select the tab with the reply, and then you can add text to the reply box.
    I'll try that. I find Tapatalk quite annoying, and would gladly go back to posting from a browser on my phone.

John

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell View Post
    Aha! It works,

Thanks!

Thanks sgosnell, that works more reliably than my method. The only drawback is that you can't add pics. I suppose if you're feeling clever you can add a html link to a photo or video sharing site!

Ok. I can't paste in links from my phone, not with browser nor tapatalk. When I post, it changes the link to some unusable version.

I've tried the same thing in another vbulletin forum and it doesn't do this.

Looks to be forum specific problem to me...

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

I just don't use my phone, so I haven't found many issues. I truly detest using a virtual keyboard, and I avoid it if possible. I use my Pixelbook, or my desktop computer to read forums, almost never my phone. I see people taptaptapping away on phones, but my tapping is painfully slow. Perhaps my slow playing is related. But I can touch-type on a keyboard at a decent speed. Different strokes for different folks.

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed