Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle

View Poll Results: Which t-shirt design is your favorite?

Voters
633. You may not vote on this poll
  • Design 1

226 35.70%
  • Design 2

45 7.11%
  • Design 3

40 6.32%
  • Design 4

112 17.69%
  • Design 5

57 9.00%
  • Design 6

100 15.80%
  • Design 7

53 8.37%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    good points goldenwave,

Quote Originally Posted by goldenwave77 View Post
    I like #6 and #4, but for a different reason.

Any of the designs with the pick logo, or ball logo are visually confusing.

IF you saw the pick thing, or ball thing, from across the room, you might think it has something to do with "cardio-something", or "basketball".

Also, given that Wes. M. was more "Mr. no-pick", it seems funny to focus on a pick as defining jazz guitar. Maybe for bluegrass flat-pickers, but all the fingerstyle guys would probably not relate to this.

PS: Agree with comment re: need for ".be" suffix.
    ball confusion: agreed
    pick confusion: agreed

I do fingerstyle and flatpicking and a mix of both...a pick isn't a jazz marker imo

Concerning the hp link, try searching for "jazz guitar online" and you get plenty of results besides jazzguitar.be
    Design looks better without tho...imo...hard decision...link on the back maybe...I don't know

voted for 4 but like 1 too, more colorfull than 6

cheers

number 4

I like number four, hope they'll be available soon.

I liked both 1 and 3. There is no possibility that I would consider wearing anything that has a pick on it.
    My CD "Bare Handed" is available as a download at Bandcamp.com
    http://jimsoloway.bandcamp.com/album/bare-handed

Pick. No pick. It makes no difference to me. Sure, Wes Mo used his thumb. That doesn't mean I want a thumb on the shirt. As for being recognizable across a room, I'm not concerned with that either. I don't expect anyone to be influenced towards jazz music or towards me simply because I have a Jazz Guitar Online shirt on. It may actually drive people away. I also don't see a pick on the shirt as meaning jazz guitar must involve a pick any more than having no pick means it must not involve a pick. Ultimately, I just don't like the options that have a pick simply because those images don't look as good as those without a pick, disregarding the pick and it's real or implied meaning. How about the F hole and the fact that many people play jazz with a solid body guitar? Should those people be offended? Just playing devils advocate because I had 5 minutes of nothing better to do.

#1. Then #6. But I'd only buy it if it came in black. Or some other dark color. Sorry. The guitar society I worked for, for many years, used to sell an annual T-shirt for the current concert season we promoted. I have a drawer full of them...
    But one can always use a new black T-shirt.

So, when?

In that case I think #4 is preferable. A subdued version of #1. It comes down ultimately to how the shirts fit and quality of the brand. It would be nice to have the option of a non white shirt. Personally I like gray - with black or even blue writing would be cool. I'd rather pay a few more dollars for a shirt I'm gonna wear out than some version that is wanting....

Cheers,
    John MacLean
    AKA Doorjam

I really like the simplicity of #1 but you would probably want to add the web address for the players who are out of the loop.

5 and 7.Equaly.But being a finger picker at present i suppose 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I'm designing a t-shirt for the website and we need your help picking a design.

when can we expect them to become available?
    Last edited by JazzNote; 08-23-2016 at 06:34 PM.
    _________
    JazzNote

Quote Originally Posted by Duotone View Post
    I voted for no. 6, because it's more classy looking than no. 1. The latter would be in line with the website design, though. Me too would appreciate a black fabric.
    I generally don't wear tee shirts with logos, but I would wear this one (no. 6). The all-black logo reminds me of an ebony fingerboard. Unfortunately, in white, I would look like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man advertising the site, so I would also like a black option.

I would also prefer a silk screened design as opposed to that vinyl stuff, but that's just me.
    "Jus' press." - Raymond Kane

Are these ever going to be available??

Number 1

Moody me changed my mind #6 or #1 "Pick me a winner Bobby"Ill just tat the winner to my chest move to a warmer climate.lol

Why not make all of them in limited quantities for the least favorite and more for the most popular? Just sayin.......😀

Be the first jazz player on your block to collect them all!
    Best regards, k

Absolutley!!! One everyday 😎😎😎

Number 7 but has to be black t-shirts so need to tweak your colors. Also check out the first batch of t-shirts Victor Baker make they were great. The back had and image of a guitar body and in print around it said "Jazz Guitar Junkie". Very cool Jazz guitar t-shirt.
    No, I'm not going to give you the answer to your question. I don't want to deny you the pleasure you'll receive when you figure it out yourself. -- Bill Evans talking to his brother.

I had some test prints done at Amazon last year, but I was not happy with the quality.
    Does anyone know a good T-shirt printer that takes care of shipping as well?

For some projects I am using the German company spreadshirt. They deliver to almost any part of the world. I think they are using T-Shirt Druck, T-Shirts bedrucken & designen | Spreadshirt for Europe, Asia, Australia, and Custom T-Shirts and T-Shirt Printing | Spreadshirt for the Americas and Africa. It's a bit of work to understand their concept of installing a shop.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes View Post
    I like number one but voted for number four, which is a similar design with the web address added. (If number one included a web address, I would have voted for it.)
    I'm with Mark,Number 1 with the web address included.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Does anyone know a good T-shirt printer that takes care of shipping as well?
    I sometimes buy Shirts at Uncommon designs by independent artists everywhere | Redbubble I understand that they do the printing and world-wide shipping, the independent artists just supply the design.

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed